Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

OK, 312 posts later I'm caught up! OK, OK, I skimmed.... but you all are a bunch of chatty little things.

Its midnightish and our expected house guests are running late! Of course they are, I have to get up at the crack.

Caz I'm glad Aflac has a good home, she looks so happy.

Have a safe and happy weekend all, it will be busy here. If any of you all are over my way this weekend feel free to stop in, have some food or a beer and enjoy the chaos ... lol

BYFM, I love the pic! That is adorable. Also I have been meaning to ask if you were the one making the little fairies?

I hope everyone will have a safe and wonderful weekend. I plan on celebrating my oldest son's 29th birthday Monday.
Thanks! Yes, twas I making the baby fairies!
Happy birthday Mama! And happy birthday to your son!
This year I have been keeping track of how much sugar we have been using for the hummingbirds. So far we are up to 82 cups of sugar, and 32 of it has just been for the month of August. I have had to make it a gallon at a time for the 7 feeders we have.
Nine hummingbirds in this pic...

That is amazing!!! I heard you are supposed to leave the sugar water out 2 weeks after seeing your last humming bird as they head south. i guess that would be for the slow pokes.

Mom2... I remember my mom cracked open a store bought egg... many years ago... and it had a large brown lump in it. It was not a baby. we have no idea what it was but it grossed me out
sickbyc.gif

Was it a blood spot? Or the white was red?

So one of my very good friends/ classmates is trying to get more people to view her youtube videos. She is a great singer and is also a great songwriter. She is inspired greatly by taylor swift and hopes to be on American idol or talent tv show. Here is one of her songs that she wrote herself call Fly Away. Figured it fit in since this is a poultry website. :)

does anyone have LF cochins or dark brahmas? I love their fluffy feet and think I may need a few. I'd be happy with some hatching eggs.
wink.png
Just remember that I'm kind of in the north country.

I guess last night's Blue Moon had an influence. The egg that Gravy laid this morning is nearly the same colour as a robin's egg.

August was a good month for eggs, 247 eggs.

Back
Top Bottom