Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

does any one have electrified fencing around their coop & run?? I am planing on doing mine this fall, wondering if 1 strand about 5or6" off the ground will be sufficient?

I know I have coons or some small critter getting into my run at night, I put all food in metal trash cans at night but if any is left out it is licked clean in the AM muddy foot prints near water look like coon,,,,, they cant get in coop and there is no food in there (other then chickens) to interest them. Can't figure out how they are getting in. but hope electric wire will discourage them

Snowflake, I use a hot wire around my runs and have it about 6" off the ground. You will need to be sure to keep the grass around it trim as it will short out the wire.

So sorry Nova!

BYM- Thanks! I will post yesterday's Emu pictures tonight. Ann had a blast playing in the kiddie pool, and took a bunch of pictures. :D No time now as I am getting ready to go the the Right To Farm meeting in a few minutes! Please pray that I will do well there, and have enough bravery to stand up and speak out. :oops:

I am getting ready to go the the Right To Farm meeting in a few minutes! Please pray that I will do well there, and have enough bravery to stand up and speak out. :oops:

Sweetie, you will do fine!! Just stand up for what you believe in! Your farm, your future and your family's way of life. When you put all of those things together, for me, it makes fighting for what's right a lot easier.

Will you have someone with you to help with the things people say? Some people don't understand Deaf etiquette and as you know, makes reading them hard!

Last edited:
HH I been working on those fairy babies for you!!!
love.gif
I will get them done soon!
thumbsup.gif
yesss.gif

does any one have electrified fencing around their coop & run?? I am planing on doing mine this fall, wondering if 1 strand about 5or6" off the ground will be sufficient?

I know I have coons or some small critter getting into my run at night, I put all food in metal trash cans at night but if any is left out it is licked clean in the AM muddy foot prints near water look like coon,,,,, they cant get in coop and there is no food in there (other then chickens) to interest them. Can't figure out how they are getting in. but hope electric wire will discourage them
We used to have an electric wire around our old run. It was wired a few inches up from the ground and also around the top edge of the fence.

It's getting more like fall out!

I'm getting to the point where I really hate carpeting....... When we built our house I had two rooms to cover, and I got some nice ($$) carpet for the master, pretty sculpted swirl pattern........ stuff didn't hold up worth a darn! think I'm going to tear it up and put some pergo down... at least that stuff holds up!

I played hookie from work yesterday, I had 4, 5gal buckets of tomatoes to put up.... and they weren't gonna do themselves. I made my first attempt at sauce. I would like to have let it simmer a bit longer but it was getting late. It was reduced to almost half in the pan so I think it'll be ok. I used one of those old cone strainers w/a wooden handle to make the sauce,. It's tedious, but worked pretty good. Is there anything you can do with the seedy tomato pasty stuff left over (besides compost)? I still have one bucket left to do but it'll have to wait.

Tonight DH is coming home from the industrial trade show in Chicago... and bringing a co worker from Germany with him that I'll have to help entertain..UGH!!!..I find this out at 10:30 last night....... the house was a disaster so I stayed up and cleaned.
Nova, I hope you find Roger!
I don't want to jinx myself about the fleas, but we had them once years ago, I bombed the house and I got a spray from the vet that worked fantastic.... that's probably why I can't get it anymore. I sure hope you can get rid of them, cause they're horrible!

So sorry Nova!
BYM- Thanks! I will post yesterday's Emu pictures tonight. Ann had a blast playing in the kiddie pool, and took a bunch of pictures.
big_smile.png
No time now as I am getting ready to go the the Right To Farm meeting in a few minutes! Please pray that I will do well there, and have enough bravery to stand up and speak out.
hide.gif

We're all behind you! Not only will you do great, but you'll knock em dead!! Thank you for speaking out, as it benefits us all.

Back
Top Bottom