Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Honey works wonders on burns. Even better than Bag Balm, in my biased pro-bee opinion.
wink.png
It helps in wounds too, we've been using it for road rash injuries on hit-by-car dogs. Sticky, but it heals really well.

I'm wanting to get some Midget White turkeys this coming spring, but minimum order at Meyer Hatchery is 15 birds...anybody in mid-Michigan wanna split an order with me?? Pleeze?? Say
yesss.gif

Just so everyone knows, ChicwannaB is a GREAT person to do business with! I got several Dominiques from her and just LOVE them! I would highly recommend her if you're looking for turkeys in the spring.
thumbsup.gif

I might be interested in the Midget Whites. I've been wanting to try turkeys but worry about their large size. This might be a good jumping off point. I'll be adding to the flock in the spring so perfect timing too. But I wouldn't be wanting too many. I do have a limit for the number of birds I'm allowed on the property and though I fully intend to go over that this coming year, I don't want to attract attention with gross excess. So it would probably just be a few.

We had our neighbor offer us an 8-point buck last night since he did not have time to find someone to process it. We were so excited until he told us it had been hanging in a tree since Thursday
sickbyc.gif
Felt bad telling him we didn't think it would be good anymore with the higher temps we had this weekend, but was a little upset he had wasted all that good meat and the life of the deer. We process our own deer and are super picky about keeping it cold and processing right away. I usually don't even hunt unless I know it is going to be under 40-45.

I wonder if lanolin would be good for protecting the combs? I use 100% pure lanolin for my wool and have a big tub of it.

Hello all! I have a question about feeding a deer heart and liver to my chickens, can I and do I need to boil them first or can they have them raw? I appreciate any answers, thanks.
smile.png

My "Backyard Homestead" books came in today! I can barely focus on my work, I want to snuggle down in my favorite chair and read for several hours.

Back
Top Bottom