mid-Ohio: Free goat & mean BR roo

NewGuineaChooks

Songster
12 Years
Aug 24, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
Just joking about the roo, actually. We'll probably keep him until spring, and eat him after we get a broody hen to set.

BUT, we have a very lovely pygmy goat doe, who is just in the way...because we have our goats for milking. She is 2 1/2 years old. Light tan & white, very friendly, and cute. We got her from some acquaintances who had to move into the city of Columbus.

Edited: for typing error

Last edited:
I wish I had a way to come and get her....I am in SE indiana....about an Hr from Hamilton...but have no way to transport a goat! LOL Dang, a free goat, and not close enough....oh well. Hope you find her a great home!!

How far are you from zip 16051? I have been looking for a 4th goatie to add to my herd of freeloading pets
smile.png

Hey Debbie; Its a pity I didn't think of offering the goat last year, when I came and got all the rescued bantams. ....Could have done a trade while I was there! Goat for chickens. Not that the goat would have fit in my toyota very simply!

Well FLF, From Portersville, 16051 to Marengo OH 43315 is 180 mi – about 3 hours 8 mins, according to google maps.

Not that close really. I'll bet there are goats more easily accesible to you. Actually, I think I have a couple of contacts around there, if you'd like.

Here's a picture of Faith, the pygmy goat:
1392121701_7fbef87ece_m.jpg

hit.gif
I wish that I was closer. I would love to have her to go along with the other 2 pygmy does that I have. I think I am just a little bit to far. Reckon you could send her UPS,
lau.gif

Goodluck finding her a home!!

Well she is really beautiful, and I'm sure you'll find her a good home.

I don't mind road trips, but I am sure it'd be way less stressful for her to find her a closer new home!

If you wanted to email me some good places to be looking, that'd be great!

We are pretty close to you, and would love to have a goat, but couldn't take one until at least the spring. If she still needs a home then, maybe you can let us know. How do dogs get along with pygmy goats?

Hey... do you have a home yet? I would love to have her. My hubby and I have been looking for a good lawn mower.
smile.png
Please let me know.
Lori

What a trade that would have been!! Rescues for a goat! LOL How long did it take you to get here?? Wonder how hard goat smell would be to get out of the truck?? LOL Ohhh, DH would kill me! LOL Looks like she gets along great with chickens too...darn! So how are those little banties doing?? Still have a few Roos...if you know anyone that needs a few.
tongue.png

justusnak:
The banties are doing great! They've fully fit into the main flock, and bravely go into the main coop to roost at night. (They roost in nest boxes, but that's better than in the goat mangers, or on the lawn mower) One that we thought was a pullet, turned out to be a roo. (One of the red ones) But now that he's grown-up, he's starting to take care of his two little hens.

ps it took a full 4 hours to drive to your place.

chicknmania: I'll keep you updated on Faith's search for a new home. With the small goats especially, some dogs are dangerous. Faith is not afraid of dogs, but we had a visiting German Shepherd tear the throat out of a milk goat. It really depends on the dog; have the dog meet a goat and see. Just like with dogs & chickens. One of our dogs ignores the chickens completely, while the other is our worst predator.

Back
Top Bottom