Might get this (rare?) rooster. What could chick outcomes look like with my hens? (Photos included)

Stj9590

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2022
Considering buying Double tufted rumpless Araucana golden duckwing rooster. If I breed him with my girls what would offspring look like and what color would their eggs be.

Hens
1. Buff Orpington
2. Salmon Faverolle
3. Crested cream legbar
4. Single tufted rumpless white araucana
(would be purchasing from seller as Well)
5. Seller also has female that is the same as rooster. How much would these chicks be worth to sell?
6. Last question, if I were to purchase all
three aracaunas what do you think is a
reasonable price? Thanks!
(photos are first rooster, second is the hen of the same breed as rooster, the white photo is the white aracauna mentioned. The rest of my girls look standard to their breed)
0C420342-B7AC-4E4A-AFA9-81889B11B3B4.png
A752784C-4539-4E2C-918B-C5127F8417E6.png
E34F4D69-9411-4844-97B4-0F59EE55BD45.jpeg

Attachments

• A0EC7A89-52CC-4397-9578-A075B327352E.jpeg
    A0EC7A89-52CC-4397-9578-A075B327352E.jpeg
    578.6 KB · Views: 9
Considering buying Double tufted rumpless Araucana golden duckwing rooster. If I breed him with my girls what would offspring look like and what color would their eggs be.

Hens
1. Buff Orpington
2. Salmon Faverolle
3. Crested cream legbar
4. Single tufted rumpless white araucana

White/Silver rumpless females,
Buff rumpless females

Buff Colored, rumpless males
Silver/white with gold shoulders rumpless

Silver and gold rumpless Wheaten hens bearded
Silver/Golden rumpless duckwing males, Bearded

Silver wildtype and gold wildtype hens(salmon breast) Crested and Rumpless
Silver Crele and Gold Crele males Crested and Rumpless

All white with black spots, Rumpless(White Araucanas are Dominant White)

50% of ALL Chicks will be Tufted as Homozygous Tufted birds die before they hatch. so the only surviving birds are heterozygous tufted and non-tufted.

White/Silver rumpless females,
Buff rumpless females

Buff Colored, rumpless males
Silver/white with gold shoulders rumpless

Silver and gold rumpless Wheaten hens bearded
Silver/Golden rumpless duckwing males, Bearded

Silver wildtype and gold wildtype hens(salmon breast) Crested and Rumpless
Silver Crele and Gold Crele males Crested and Rumpless

All white with black spots, Rumpless(White Araucanas are Dominant White)

50% of ALL Chicks will be Tufted as Homozygous Tufted birds die before they hatch. so the only surviving birds are heterozygous tufted and non-tufted.
Thank you so much! I’ve heard that about the tufting it’s such a shame. I’d imagine it’s then frowned upon crossing two tuft rumpless? Is it one of those situations that causes other health issues ?

Thank you so much! I’ve heard that about the tufting it’s such a shame. I’d imagine it’s then frowned upon crossing two tuft rumpless? Is it one of those situations that causes other health issues ?
No, just expect lower than usual hatching rate, when you cross two tufted birds math says you get 25% non-tufted embryos, 50% heterozygous Tufted and 25% homozygous tufted, so technically on a 20 egg hatch you should be getting: 5 non-tufted, 10 heterozygous tufted and 5 homozygous tufted.... But instead of that technically only 15 will hatch, then non-tufted and Only the Heterozygous one..

But as you know there are double and single tufted birds so there are other genes at play that affects the expression, many times the only way to get double Tufted birds is to breed tufted to tufted.

Back
Top Bottom