Mild or severe scissor beak??

BobbieMcK

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2020
In your experiences is this a mild or severe case of scissor beak for a week old chick? Just came on in the past day or two and so far is still eating and drinking... would trimming/filing even help anything if she is eating/drinking/opening&closing beak without issue???
AE90554E-405F-4773-AA7A-8B1476C149E0.jpeg
I

It looks mild right now and as long as the chick is eating and drinking ok then there's nothing to worry about. It's common for crossbeak to get worse as the chick grows so keep an eye on it because you may need to trim it eventually or even offer special accommodations. Good luck with your peep!

In your experiences is this a mild or severe case of scissor beak for a week old chick? Just came on in the past day or two and so far is still eating and drinking... would trimming/filing even help anything if she is eating/drinking/opening&closing beak without issue???View attachment 2063159I
Well, it doesn’t look bad now, but a lot of times it gets worse as they grow. If she starts having trouble eating or drinking I would maybe try filing it. A dog nail filer works really well.

Back
Top Bottom