milk jugs as feeders

slystr

Songster
12 Years
Mar 11, 2007
Dallas TX
what would be wrong with cutting the top off milk jugs so that the handle is still useable and the hole went down about half way or more for smaller chicks( i;m thinkin 5-7 weeks) and filled that up with food. would that work or am I missing something obvious? wouldn't be the first time.

We have a two year old, so milk jugs are plentiful around the farm. I use em as water jugs for adult birds, so I guess you could use em as feeders, just be sure to wire em up or attatch them to a square of plywood to keep your birds from tipping them over and spilling them.

yes you can use them for feeders.ive cut the bottom off an used it as a feeder for a hen thats penned up.but you need to secure it to something so they wont turn it over.

I love the idea of "re-inventing" used items. I use milk jugs for lots of things: feed scoops, "houses" for my rats, re-fill them with rain water from the barrel outside to water plants...pretty much anything. As long as they are secured and can't tip over, they'd be great feeders.

Back
Top Bottom