Mille Fleur D'Uccle Sex

Wait just a darn second!!!

Millie Fleur is a variety of D'uucle? Is that what I am gathering here?

**edited to correct rhe spelling of "fleur" so I don't get torn to shreds here
Mille Fleur means thousand flowers in French. I didn't know about the D'uccle region of Belgium which is where it comes from and Barbu is bearded in Dutch. I didn't know there were other colors until I hadt his clutch, but I guess they're not all Mille Fleurs, but rather D'uccles, but I did know that not all are bearded.

I agree with everyone else that you have 3 pullets and one cockerel! I love D’uccles! They have the cutest little personalities and make sounds that don’t sound like chickens lol.
Mine are kinda skittish right now and I haven' heard them make many sounds yet. How is the rooster crow? Loud? I read it can be higher pitched. I need to either get a crow collar or rehome him now.

Mine are kinda skittish right now and I haven' heard them make many sounds yet. How is the rooster crow? Loud? I read it can be higher pitched. I need to either get a crow collar or rehome him now.
We have a self blue and Mille fluer (which I now know are different). The self blue is a rooster and he is the most obnoxious crower of all the roosters here (and we have a lot). Obviously not as loud as the big boys, but he starts right at 5am And is non stop for an hour plus.

Not sure if it is a breed thing or not. They are our first pair. Both just turned a year old.

Attachments

• 205C3B26-8739-494C-A31A-7A2AFC55EAF2.jpeg
    205C3B26-8739-494C-A31A-7A2AFC55EAF2.jpeg
    900.7 KB · Views: 7
We have a self blue and Mille fluer (which I now know are different). The self blue is a rooster and he is the most obnoxious crower of all the roosters here (and we have a lot). Obviously not as loud as the big boys, but he starts right at 5am And is non stop for an hour plus.

Not sure if it is a breed thing or not. They are our first pair. Both just turned a year old.
The most obnoxious breed are black sex links. My old roo was a BSL and he wouldnt stop crowing ever period.

Get another side or top shot of that blue one for me please.

It looks like the one they told me was called porcelain here that I shared on this thread.

I haven't been able to see anything called birchen though.

Get another side or top shot of that blue one for me please.

It looks like the one they told me was called porcelain here that I shared on this thread.

I haven't been able to see anything called birchen though.
He is def a lavender color. But he hates me. My wife can pick him right up. They are chickens that live in a special coop in her garden. And she loves rhem

These are the best I can do for pics.

Attachments

• F65F9444-5EC2-4184-BE6F-8A624C24BBFC.jpeg
    F65F9444-5EC2-4184-BE6F-8A624C24BBFC.jpeg
    697.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 30329FEE-548F-4049-9E71-2B758CE01667.jpeg
    30329FEE-548F-4049-9E71-2B758CE01667.jpeg
    795.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 1F897A38-D343-4A08-BE55-6152B2E677A8.jpeg
    1F897A38-D343-4A08-BE55-6152B2E677A8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6
He is def a lavender color. But he hates me. My wife can pick him right up. They are chickens that live in a special coop in her garden. And she loves rhem

These are the best I can do for pics.
So is yours a self-blue or porcelain? I don't know if I can spot the differences. Funny it hates you, but not the wife. Looks like mine, but mine is a pullet.

Also, I found this: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...nder-the-same-thing-pics-added-post-5.450537/

I am not sure if they're the same or not. I think there are two types but they look the same to me unless I am missing something.

Back
Top Bottom