Mille Fleur Leghorn Thread PIC HEAVY

Looking everywhere for hatching eggs or chicks. I am in Central Al. Prefer not to ship. Willing to travel (not to CA
wink.png
) or ship if there is no other way.

Looking everywhere for hatching eggs or chicks. I am in Central Al. Prefer not to ship. Willing to travel (not to CA
wink.png
) or ship if there is no other way.
You would be surprised by how well the MFL ship if it comes to that. I have had people get 100% development and 90% hatches from shipped MFL eggs. I think the smaller the egg the better it ships, and white eggs seem to ship better than dark. That's what I've experienced anyway. My MFL and Polish, always out hatch all the other breeds I raise. And the small, white eggs I have purchased form other breeders always do well too. I recently had 100% hatch from Icelandics I had shipped to me, and a 90% hatch on bantam barred rocks (beige, but light) .

Oh, I have tried and out of first 16 I had 9 develop 2 hatched, both died. Next I got 12 from another breeder. None of them even developed at all. Right now I have 5 of the last 12 that are developing and due to hatch in a week. Actually the ones that hatched were from Ca. But you can see why I prefer not to ship if possible. I'll send you a PM.

Oh, I have tried and out of first 16 I had 9 develop 2 hatched, both died. Next I got 12 from another breeder. None of them even developed at all. Right now I have 5 of the last 12 that are developing and due to hatch in a week. Actually the ones that hatched were from Ca. But you can see why I prefer not to ship if possible. I'll send you a PM.

I've tried shipping from CA too, with about the same results. I'm not sure who leghornfarm is thinking of, but dlarimer has some very nice MFL's in Arkansas. He has combined Cohen's strain with Tate's strain, very beautiful birds. His email is [email protected] I don't think he is on here very often.

Where are you leghorn farm and do you have mille's?
I'm in Arkansas, about 15-20 miles south of Fort Smith. I do have MFLs, but mine aren't laying yet.

dlarimer was who I was going to recommend. He is intensively working with them, but he isn't actively selling any. He would probably send you something to work with though.

Back
Top Bottom