mille fleur silkies

Blue Ribbon Bantams wrote:

So I guess I'm going to launch my mille fleur project this fall. Any advice? Is anyone else working on MF silkies?

Now that would be cool!!!! I am trying to imagine what a Silkie would look like with the mille fleur color pattern
thumbsup.gif

Best of luck with your project!!!​

Quote:
Well that's a good place to start! Will be neat to hear how this one goes. I will be watching!

Thanks!
big_smile.png
I'm very excited. I have asked bobbi porto if she has some buff columbian typed colors to help the project. I am hoping george will make his own line and so will I, can't wait to compare them! Lol

Quote:
No, you are using an old version of the old one
wink.png

wut...?

That means I won't do any bug fixing on that page anymore. At that url / webaddress.
The same calculator at kippenjungle will be maintained.

Quote:
Oh cool... This one has my interest peaked. So do you breed the MF pattern into the polish, and then cross a MF polish to a silkie later then? Or is it not that simple???!

Wow, I'm amazed I found this thread! I was just thinking to myself this morning, "what would a mille fleur Silkie look like??" I think they would be great. The drawback I possibly see, is will the mille fleur pattern show true on Silkie feathers? Or will it look blurry?? I will follow this thread with great interest, good luck with your project!!
clap.gif

Last edited:
Lineage chart
(Side1) Mille fleur cochin roo. (Side2) Buff polish roo | |
Buff polish hen. MF cochin hen

F1 generation: (side1chicks). Choose only for color. (Side2 chicks)
| |
(Side 2). (Side1)

F2 generation: offspring is split into pairs and trios and matched w opposite lineage
(Breed only for type of the cochin and for topknots)

F3 generation. Same

F4 generation, introduce silkies (buff) for silkies feathering. Opposite lineage again

F5 generation: these are heterozygous for silkie feathering, all hav 5 toes, heavily. feathered feet and dark skin
Breed opposite lineage, and keep only silkied birds

F6 generation. 25% silkie feathered, 25% straight, 50% will be hetero, keep only silkies. And double the gene by breeding oposite lineage

F7 generation all silkie feathered cochin type. Walnut comb feathered feet MF coloring huge topknots and are now "pure" bc of doubling the gene

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom