MINI REX KINDLED 6 KITS! TWO ARE SMALL???

Would y'all try to bottle feed it? I know there's those that will pry say its the survival of the fittest and weak rabbits need to be called but... I'm not of that theory. I'm just wondering if it would even have more than a 50% chance of living if I try to bottle feed it.

Would y'all try to bottle feed it? I know there's those that will pry say its the survival of the fittest and weak rabbits need to be called but... I'm not of that theory. I'm just wondering if it would even have more than a 50% chance of living if I try to bottle feed it.
I had a runt in my litter just born today. Just hold mama and let the baby nurse. That’s what a lot of people do. That way they don’t have to have any competition.

I've been keeping it in a cardboard box in my room with a heating pad underneath. The lid on the box is slightly propped open and I have a temperature gun nearby to carefully monitor the temperature and make sure it stays at 100°F. I made a circle out of a rag to make a nest in the midst of hay. It's been 24 hours since I've been syringe feeding it. I will be weighing him before and after each feeding to keep track of any growth. I am using a syringe that was given to me by the dentist when I got my wisdom teeth removed. I never used it and it looked perfect for the situation. I am feeding it kitten replacement milk. I feel it until it appears to full and not searching for more. Usually it literally only takes about 15 drops for it to be done. I feed it every 5 hours.
20210706_182228.jpg

As a holland lop breeder, I would guess peanut. They are not always deformed. They normally die within a few days. I hope he's just a runt, though! You're such a great person for trying so hard for him!! ❤️ I am interested in the double pregnancy idea... Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom