Minnesota!

Monarchs are not good tasting treats, apparently. There is a moth that looks almost exactly the same that uses monarch coloring to save themselves from being a smack.

There is, I had forgotten that until you mentioned it. It has been a Looooooong time since I learned this little evolutionary trick of the moths..

Actually I was being facetious, as to the chickens eating them, I see Monarchs some, but I really do not see the milk weed plants I use to see. As I recall the moth had a "dusty' appearance as if it was a bad photo copy of the monarch. I have not seen one of those moths in even a longer time. I am guessing a victim of over use of pesticides.

Rain and cooler temps are here!

Well, for the second.

I have not been able to sleep last night, so this will be a useless day. My knees hurt so bad I just laid there and tossed. Even the pills did not help.

I have a question for all you, If you have a pen how large does it have to be to free range? Is 1/4 acres enough? 1 acre. 10 acres? No fence anywhere? I doubt there is a right answer.

Just wondering. some one on another thread mentioned a very small fenced in area I thought and claimed they free ranged. Or is this like the deceptive ads on eggs for cage free, 20,000 birds in a large building, never see the sun, but are cage free.

I guess, I personally would have a hard time telling people I sell eggs to, the chickens are free range if they only get 1/4 acre to roam. Of course, right now my chickens would be in heaven if they got a 1/4 acre. Only another week or so and they get out again

Rain and cooler temps are here!

Well, for the second.

I have not been able to sleep last night, so this will be a useless day. My knees hurt so bad I just laid there and tossed. Even the pills did not help.

I have a question for all you, If you have a pen how large does it have to be to free range?  Is 1/4 acres enough?  1 acre. 10 acres?  No fence anywhere? I doubt there is a right answer.

Just wondering. some one on another thread mentioned a very small fenced in area I thought and claimed they free ranged. Or is this like the deceptive ads on eggs for cage free,  20,000 birds in a large building, never see the sun, but are cage free.

I guess, I personally would have a hard time telling people I sell eggs to, the chickens are free range if they only get 1/4 acre to roam. Of course, right now my chickens would be in heaven if they got a 1/4 acre. Only another week or so and they get out again

It was an awful night. We have ac but for some reason my room does not benefit from it.

Call me a purist, but free range is free range. Obviously, in a predator heavy area once makes concessions but there should be ample space.

Trying ap on my iPhone seeing how this works... Sitting outside watching chickens already and having coffee.. It's still cool outside but you can already feel the humidity .. Do I have nothing better to do with my life now then watched chickens all day and care for them .. Funny how you can get so addicted to something ... Kind of sounds like a sad story but for right now I'm OK with it ..

Back
Top Bottom