Minnesota!

Ralphies roo is so funny, he roosts with a different group of hens each night. Not sure if he is getting hassled about where he roosts, or whether he is just trying different things. Last night he was with the sulmtalers, those big fluffy white/gold hens. He almost matched!

Klopklop, it gets worse with the darkness. Pretty soon, you only get to see your flock on weekends. workdays, they are on the roost when you leave in the dark, and when you come home in the dark and they are on the roost . Very hard to assess how everyone is doing when you can't see them moving around! And people get miffed when you tell them you can't do something on the weekend because you want to spend time with your flock!

They go home from the hospital this morning, and I was surprised that my daughter wants me to go down to mpls and hang out with them until discharge and go home with them as well. Think she has the new mom "what do i do" nerves. Her husband is a great guy and actively involved in baby, so there will be two adults to care for baby.
When my daughter was born I had a new understanding of just how much my parents must love me. Your daughter may be having that epiphany as well.

Good morning all! @lalaland congrats on the new granddaughter, how wonderful and exciting! Enjoy that baby.

I have one in mid molt and one that just started. 2 others that dropped a few feathers, so who knows what they'll end up doing. The one in mid molt right now, molted last year, but a little later, she was all half naked in January, @Minniechickmama she was only 6 months old at the time. But she was ill right before that so I think that may have triggered it, is that possible? Or just a coincidence?

Last edited:
:lau
When my daughter was born I had a new understanding of just how much my parents must love me. Your daughter may be having that epiphany as well. 

Some parents act like they love their kid to avoid jail time for neglect ,,,,,, maybe you should reassess your parents motives. :drool
:lau

iPhone and Byc do not mix well

I have daycare duty again today. So here I am stuck in shakopee

Last edited:
Ralphies roo is so funny, he roosts with a different group of hens each night.  Not sure if he is getting hassled about where he roosts, or whether he is just trying different things.  Last night he was with the sulmtalers, those big fluffy white/gold hens.  He almost matched!

Klopklop,  it gets worse with the darkness.  Pretty soon, you only get to see your flock on weekends.  workdays, they are on the roost when you leave in the dark, and when you come home in the dark and they are on the roost .   Very hard to assess how everyone is doing when you can't see them moving around!  And people get miffed when you tell them you can't do something on the weekend because you want to spend time with your flock!

The last few nights I've grabbed a beer and sat on a straw bale in the coop and just hung out. Gives me a chance to talk to the girls and hear how their day went. Franzie, the EE gives me the stinkeye, that hen has the most evil glare! She doesn't even let a rooster near her!

Could it be that Ralphie's roo is a swinger?

Last edited:
Klop  that old biddy of yours looks like she has feathers missing on her back.  I have one just like yours.  Mine is not broody.  She is using the nesting box for protection from the roosters.  I kick mine out of the coop and as soon as she sees a rooster she makes a B - line for the nest boxes.  

She came to the farm with no tail and a bare back like some of my other BAs that i got from a guy near Mankato. But you could be right about staying warm

Last edited:
Well, I'm all packed up to head to Wisconsin to see my brother. I leave our flock in DWs able hands!

I will return in 3 days with woodworking projects and new glarus beer! if you don't hear from me, send a rescue crew!

Back
Top Bottom