Minnesota!

Behind the chicken is the north wall and the window that is frosted up. I'd drill holes through the wall above the window.

Could you just open the window for a while to let the moisture escape?

Can I assume my chickens and goats are doing fine if they are moving around a lot every time I go out there, and there is no sign of frostbite or shivering? I'm amazed they are acting completely normal. It's coooolllld again tonight but everyone is eating, drinking, pooping, and moving around so I remain hopeful.

I can see my roo has very little frost bite on his comb at the tips. I am impressed I thought he would lose ot like his dad did. But his dad was outside all winter at a different farm
The Cochins don't have any frost bite so thats good. But our coop is dryer than a bone and has no moisture from water. Only moisture is from poop and breathing. And it stays way above freezing with no extra heat.
That is amazing that he hasn't gotten frostbitten! I see NONE. My Wellies are envious of him! All of my Wellie roosters have, even the one in the hoop that is about 20-degrees warmer than outside. His is just on the back of the comb though, which is odd. Maybe he isn't getting that part tucked under his wing.
Good job if that is how they are doing!

I had frost inside the coop this morning, maybe because there was frost everywhere outside too.

The rooster is going to have a severely dubbed comb.

BO with lame legs was standing this morning when I came in! And the puffed out sick BO was alive,
so...things are looking ok.

Except Friday I had a sick cat who has since recovered just fine, and this morning the other cat refused to eat, that is a first for her in 2 years. Just to be safe, I tossed the poinsettia plant which is unreachable but maybe dropped a leaf?

Quail still spending the nights and days outside, and not in the coop, and not in the area of the run with hay, and not in the area of the run with dry leaves. Nope, they huddle in their little quail wreath on bare, frozen ground.
Look at the bright side, next year that rooster will be able to handle the winter with no worries
hide.gif

yeah, that is the bright side, Minnie. And the cat ate a little tonight, so I am holding off on a vet visit. She is active, so I will just monitor her.

Hows the cold coming?

Back
Top Bottom