Minnesota!

Sharing this for an acquaintance, maybe one of you local folks can help them out!

I don’t have time for a proper update but our barn collapsed under the snow last night. Our flock of chickens are trapped without heat but alive.

Our firewood is inaccessible and our tractor appears to be damaged.

I NEED HELP.

IF ANYONE NEAR THE DULUTH, MN AREA HAS FIREWOOD THEY CAN SELL US, we only have ONE DAYS WORTH outside the barn and temperatures are going to be in the -20s this week.
I’m also in need of CAGES FOR CHICKENS, even pet carriers for dogs/cats are fine! I have a bunch of emergency cages but they are under the rubble and I need something to put the chickens in to get them into the basement before they freeze.

[email protected]

Please please please signal boost this, time is of the essence!

We are up by Duluth but unfortunately do not have any firewood or cages/pet carriers for chickens. Ours are also buried in a pole building that the roof collapsed on Monday. Too much snow for too long is causing lots of problems. I can try to post it on the Minnesota Chicken Chatter facebook page and see if anyone else might be able to help.

Sorry to hear the weather is giving y'all such a hard time. Hard to imagine for us Southern folks... a few inches and we're in trouble.

Thanks for sharing
smile.png

Woohoo! Found my first egg since November. My easter egger must have been laid yesterday since it was frozen through. Very nice size and a pretty green, but I could definitely see the difference between a 'pellet fed' egg and a free range egg from greener times.

I'm still trying to convince the dog that frozen eggs are delicious. She isn't buying it.

And to tomtommom, I wished I lived closer. Hope your friends find a solution. For the time being they could use could laundry baskets flipped over with books on top, or even a tent if they have a tarp to line it

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the weather is giving y'all such a hard time. Hard to imagine for us Southern folks... a few inches and we're in trouble.

Thanks for sharing
smile.png
Hi Tomtommom. I have some active, chicken loving friends in Duluth. I just posted it on my timeline of my Facebook page and we'll see if there is some help near by that can make a difference for them. Have you heard anymore from them? Are they working on getting the birds out?

And cleaning out the coop today I found 2 more frozen, plus one still hot and fresh, all from my easter egger. All of the shells have speckling to some extent which they didn't last year. Could that just be food based (pellets vs weeds and insects)?

Could just be pigment concentrations showing up after her break from laying. I notice some of my hens will occasionally have some darker spotting/speckles on them once in a while but they are not their norm.

I think I have figured out who the egg belongs to. And the shape and bloom color has changed for her. It's sort of weird! As I thought their signature egg style would sort of stay the same. For example the bloom on the egg right now is whitish. whereas her bloom used to always have a brownish hue to it. And the egg shape is more elongated then this hen used too lay.

This is about the fight of a 5yr old girl to keep her beloved silkie roo Dallas in a tiny farm/agriculteral UN-incorperated town in Dufur, OR.

OK ALL YOU MINNESOTA PEEPS...PLEASE READ THIS AND SIGN THE PETITION .
I AM THE SELF APPOINTED CHEERLEADER FOR THIS CAUSE!.

AFTER YOU READ AND SIGN PLEASE SEND IT TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

EVEN BETTER; SEND AN EMAIL TO DUFUR CITY COUNCIL!

.LETS LET THIS TINY TOWN OF DUFUR, OR. KNOW THAT AMERICA IS WATCHING THEM!

Thank you kindly......

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/974/870/400/saving-dallas-the-rooster/

https://www.facebook.com/savingdallastherooster

Back
Top Bottom