Minnesota!

anyone interested in a white or porcelain silkie roo? they're pretty sweet but I have too many roos for my ladies. :)

woot.gif
woot.gif

Today I was thinking...Why do I haul water and feed everyday in subzero temperatures, snow up to my behind...!?! For nada.

And then this little incredible edible surprise after months and months changed my whole line of thinking. LOL.
ya.gif

My thoughts are with my fellow Minnesotan chickeneers as we trudge through drifted snow that has covered up our snow packed paths and has our feet sliding off the edge of where our paths used to be and up to our butts in snow!

tongue.png

OMG! This totally happened to me today. I usually go out to take care of the girls from our basement patio doors. Well, they're frozen shut with a 5' drift in front. I had to go out the garage, down a hill, and across our acre. The snow was mid-thigh. I fell twice while carrying a 10# feeder, 2 gallon waterer, and a plastic milk jug of warm water out to them. When I came in I was soaking wet and nearly frozen. Luckily my husband didn't laugh at me. I'm headed out again at 2 to bring snacks, and then again at 6 to be sure they're tucked in. What we don't go through for our chickens!!

hugs.gif
HUGS to the MN chicken keepers who are putting up with this horrid winter!!

OMG! This totally happened to me today. I usually go out to take care of the girls from our basement patio doors. Well, they're frozen shut with a 5' drift in front. I had to go out the garage, down a hill, and across our acre. The snow was mid-thigh. I fell twice while carrying a 10# feeder, 2 gallon waterer, and a plastic milk jug of warm water out to them. When I came in I was soaking wet and nearly frozen. Luckily my husband didn't laugh at me. I'm headed out again at 2 to bring snacks, and then again at 6 to be sure they're tucked in. What we don't go through for our chickens!!

hugs.gif
HUGS to the MN chicken keepers who are putting up with this horrid winter!!
Hahahahaha.
lau.gif

I usually wing out the lower patio door myself bounce on down to the coop in my flannel pj pants and old sorels with feed and water. Today forgetting myself I took a step in what appeared to be just a few more inches to my packed path and slid off the side and felt Mother nature scoot my pj pants up mid thigh. Returned to house to get DH's carhart snowpants on. Step-step-step, slide off the path mid thigh; step-step-step, slide off the path mid thigh. Somehow I got a days worth of water and feed down there. And as a bonus my aerobic work out for the day getting myself out of deep snow.
gig.gif

Sharing this for an acquaintance, maybe one of you local folks can help them out!

I don’t have time for a proper update but our barn collapsed under the snow last night. Our flock of chickens are trapped without heat but alive.

Our firewood is inaccessible and our tractor appears to be damaged.

I NEED HELP.

IF ANYONE NEAR THE DULUTH, MN AREA HAS FIREWOOD THEY CAN SELL US, we only have ONE DAYS WORTH outside the barn and temperatures are going to be in the -20s this week.
I’m also in need of CAGES FOR CHICKENS, even pet carriers for dogs/cats are fine! I have a bunch of emergency cages but they are under the rubble and I need something to put the chickens in to get them into the basement before they freeze.

[email protected]

Please please please signal boost this, time is of the essence!

Back
Top Bottom