Minnesota!

Quote:
Hi Troy,
I lost my mille fleur rooster last fall and was looking all over for one. I couldn't find any but ordered hatching eggs from ebay. Only got 2 milles to hatch so if I don't get a rooster out of those, I might be in the market for one. Do you go to any swaps? Possibly the Hutchinson game bird one?

Who here is within driving distance of La Crosse, WI? We have a large organic layer flock that will be going out to live markets this week to be replaced by a new flock next month. The hauler is coming early though so I may be stuck with a couple tons of 17% organic layer mash in the bin. It won't last until next month and will probably mold in the bin by then so I need to clean it out.

If you want a few weeks worth for your flock, whether it be a bagful or a few drums full, drop me a line. I'll know by this coming weekend how much is left.

Quote:
Things are going well. Other than the chick that passed when two days old the rest are still kickin. Any by kickin I mean kickin each others rear ends! Hormones are raging here. hehehe. Boys will be boys. Nothing quite sounds country like 25 cockerels trying to crow louder than another. We're at the point where we're researching places that process chickens. I have one boy that i think will be staying. He stays at my feet and jumps in my lap to be petted and fed treats. He cuddled my shoulder and closes his eyes. I'm such a sucker for cuteness like that! He has a female friend with a "cowlick" on her back. The feathers stick up. She also visits my lap when i'm having some quiet time in the coop hiding from all the "mommy! mommy!" and my husband. My kids LOOOOOOVE the chickens. My one year old tries to crow along with the cockerels. My three year old picks up the chickens and gives them big hugs...and the chickens for the most part just take it...bless their timid Orpington souls. How are things going with you and your projects?

Quote:
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom