Minnesota!

Quote:
That was a nice show! You guys did a terrific job putting it on.
smile.png

And it was so nice to meet you and your silkies. I sure wish I would have won one of those adorable welcome signs in the raffle. Can you give me the woman's name who you got those from? Well, just wanted to say hi A and we will see you at Hutch.
smile.png
big_smile.png

Edited because I forgot how to spell, ugh. LOL

Last edited:
Hey! Glad to finally meet you in person.

I narrowed it down to just over 400 pics from the show. If you click on this link it will take you to the main album:
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/destiny_56085/2011 BCPPA Poultry Show/
There are 4 sub-albums in there since I was trying to organize them a bit...people pics, misc bird pics, champ birds, and of course all my silkie ones.

Here's a couple of the really cute ones that you might like!
100_1841.jpg

100_1831.jpg

100_1827.jpg

On those signs, I had to do a bit of digging. I know I got them on Ebay but the auction link was gone by now. I went in through Paypal to find the seller's info. I got them back in April of 2009 from Diana Fife. Her ebay id was 'chasehounds' and her email was [email protected]. They weren't that bad on price either....it came to like $42 with shipping on them.

I'll be able to pop in on saturday morning for a couple hours and maybe run back on sunday morning to get the results. I'll turn in a show report for the ASBC even if I don't get to show there this year. I burned up most of my paid time off this year with maternity leave. I was able to take a couple days off for New Ulm, but will be working the weekend of Hutch.

Thanks for posting the cute pics, destiny.

I was so bummed when I got to the Poultry Barn and it was closed for judging. When I came back later, it was so crowded, that it wasn't as enjoyable looking around at all the breeds. But there were some gorgeous chickens there. I didn't see as many Copper Black Marans as I expected. But I see a few Blue-Laced Red Wyandottes that I wanted to take home...
wink.png

I grabbed most of the bird pics on friday night after most of them were cooped in and settled down. We were down there til about 2 am just getting all the last minute stuff ready on the judging sheets anyway. Saturday is always lots of fun.... aisles are packed with people getting birds ready til 9 am and then you have to clear out for the judges. I was either wandering around talking or trying to help Aaron as results rolled in from the clerks. We even stalled with the junior showmanship so those birds weren't missing when the judges came around. I left on saturday night about 8pm and needed some sleep. I think Aaron and his sister were still working on the trophies all night yet.

Just going over the exhibitor list.... 26 of the exhibitors have been there before and the other 26 were either brand new or haven't been back for a few years. Very proud to say that we had 14 junior exhibitors!!!!Missed alot of familiar faces this year. A big TY to all who showed up!!!

Thought i would post this cuz well this is where i live and I was wondering if anyone had any Black copper Marans (roo and pullets) for sale? Or any EE's? I wanna get more chickens to add to my tiny flock lol (1 BO roo, 2 SLW's, 2 PR's and 3 WH ducks) and I just love BCM's and EE's. If anyone wants to get rid of a few or has any for sale please pm me! I live in the lake city area of MN.

maxxsmommy - I have been looking for Black Copper Marans as well (pullets only). I didn't find any this summer that were not REALLY expensive. I'm not sure I'd want to integrate them with my flock now that it's getting colder, I'll probably wait until spring & the warmth returns again.

But, if you find any would you please let me know?
I will make a note to give you a heads-up if I find any as well.

Yes i will let you know if i find any.. Chances are pretty slim but hey at least i asked right! I'm gonna add you to my buddy list that way i can keep in touch with you if i find anything out
big_smile.png

Sounds good - I'll do the same.

I have some new hens I picked up in August at Anoka Ramsey Farm & Garden. They certainly weren't my first choices, but I did want to add to my flock before winter. They should start laying soon - I hope. I'm down to about 6-7 eggs per day among 16 chickens.

For those asking.... I have Black Copper Marans,Wade Jean line. I could have some hatching eggs avail. in spring if you are interested. Or I could hatch them for you and you can pic them up. You would have to take all though....pullets and cockerels. Keep in mind,if you can't find what you want. Pam

Back
Top Bottom