Minnesota!

[COLOR=0000CD]In Search of Chicken(s) or Duck(s) in Buffalo MN area[/COLOR]

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post - I was looking on the board of birds in need of re-homing but didn't see anything in MN.  I have a friend with a male Muscovy duck named.... Mr. Duck :)

Mr. Duck is depressed because all his chicken friends were butchered earlier this year when the humans at his house were living in ND working the oil fields. They would be grateful to somebody who has one or more ducks or chickens to keep him company.  He is not eating anymore, so we need to find him some company as soon as possible! If you don't have any ducks or chickens to spare, perhaps you know somewhere we could obtain them? Our friends don't have the facilities to care for baby chicks, so hatching some out just wouldn't work.

Edit to add:
Our friends aren't looking for meat birds. The ones they had were layers and they really enjoyed having them. The only reason they had to butcher them was because they were unable to find anyone to care for their birds for almost an entire year. We ourselves don't have room enough for any more than the 5 we have.

Last edited:
[COLOR=0000CD]In Search of Chicken(s) or Duck(s) in Buffalo MN area[/COLOR]

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post - I was looking on the board of birds in need of re-homing but didn't see anything in MN.  I have a friend with a male Muscovy duck named.... Mr. Duck :)

Mr. Duck is depressed because all his chicken friends were butchered earlier this year when the humans at his house were living in ND working the oil fields. They would be grateful to somebody who has one or more ducks or chickens to keep him company.  He is not eating anymore, so we need to find him some company as soon as possible! If you don't have any ducks or chickens to spare, perhaps you know somewhere we could obtain them? Our friends don't have the facilities to care for baby chicks, so hatching some out just wouldn't work.

Edit to add:
Our friends aren't looking for meat birds. The ones they had were layers and they really enjoyed having them. The only reason they had to butcher them was because they were unable to find anyone to care for their birds for almost an entire year. We ourselves don't have room enough for any more than the 5 we have.

I have lots of chickens and used to have ducks. Are looking for some chickens or are they wanting to give Mr. Duck away. I will be going to Rockford on Saturday and may be of some help. PM me with more info.

In Search of Chicken(s) or Duck(s) in Buffalo MN area

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post - I was looking on the board of birds in need of re-homing but didn't see anything in MN. I have a friend with a male Muscovy duck named.... Mr. Duck
smile.png

Mr. Duck is depressed because all his chicken friends were butchered earlier this year when the humans at his house were living in ND working the oil fields. They would be grateful to somebody who has one or more ducks or chickens to keep him company. He is not eating anymore, so we need to find him some company as soon as possible! If you don't have any ducks or chickens to spare, perhaps you know somewhere we could obtain them? Our friends don't have the facilities to care for baby chicks, so hatching some out just wouldn't work.

Edit to add:

Here's a craigslist ad for muscovy ducks. It looks like they're about an hour drive from Buffalo. It'd be best to get him muscovy friends rather than chickens.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/grd/4256676716.html

It's 36 (above) now and am enjoying it because I know it isn't going to last!!! I opened the windows in the coop for the day
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Just make sure the ventilation is wide open but try to keep the drafts down. Expect some frost bite and lots of frozen eggs!!!! Remember to give them lots of extra calories and perhaps a warm breakfast and dinner. I just bought some more scratch and oats. I have juniors and three in heavy molten so they will get a heat lamp with lots of extra bedding. Good luck everyone and try to stay warm yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom