Minus 3F Degrees What's cookin' on my cast iron woodstove? Breakfast!

I don't think I ever asked you; how far are you from Richmond? We are about 20 minutes north/west - not far from Ashland, VA.

It's BITTER out! We have the light in the coop but it's still so cold - I feel so bad for them.

Enjoy your breakfast, my family is just rising from bed!

- - Susan

Teach the babies to stay away from it.

My 3 year old doesn't have any issues with it. We was born the second winter we were in this house. He has grown up with it.

He learned the meaning of hot without having to get burned for it to sink in.

Wish we had a wood stove...

I didn't think I was hungry till I saw that sausage!!
droolin.gif

Enjoy!

MissPrissy; how far are you from Richmond? we not far from Ashland - -

We had a wood stove growing up; I think I touched it once and that was it. My mom would cook on it when we lost electricity; it was great!

- - Susan

MP, the way you describe things around your place, well it just almost makes one wish they were living in the freezing temps, so everything could be warm and cozy and wonderful and yummy and friendly and fun and ....................... :)My kitchen is 60*right now, and in the living room, well, I did cheat a little and turn on the propane wall heater to take off the chill, so now it is about 65* in here, and its 42* outside.

Quote:
My kids all grew up with ours and so are my grandkids. The 2 grandbabies I babysit now are 2 and 19 months and they know it's hot and stay away from it. Only one of my kids ever got burned on it when he tripped and put his hand out to catch himself. You just need to teach them from the very beginning it's hot.

not sure why it posted twice
tongue.png

Anyway, we are about 20 miles from Fredericksburg; actually have relatives up there.

Do you ever go to the swap meet at Gilman's Farm on 33?

Quote:
My kids all grew up with ours and so are my grandkids. The 2 grandbabies I babysit now are 2 and 19 months and they know it's hot and stay away from it. Only one of my kids ever got burned on it when he tripped and put his hand out to catch himself. You just need to teach them from the very beginning it's hot.

My boys must be hard headed. We told them and told them and told them to stay away because it was hot. But it only takes once of touching it and they never will again.

No wood stoves, yet, but I was thinking of cooking brunch in the fireplace- can't live without my iron pots!

Back
Top Bottom