Miss Pretty attacked with no beak! How to feed? PLEASE HELP

ilovmychicks

Songster
9 Years
Mar 29, 2015
Hello to all my animal loving friends! It has been a long time snce I have visited. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing? I shouldnt just show up when its ME and my babys! I should check in frequntly to help others if I could just help one just one animal, I feel my mission here on earth is completed LOL! No, but seriously I'm sorry I have been here but with 7 chickens 2 goats (well one now) 2 mastiff puppies one old girl Shay, which so worries me because she is getting sooooo old but thats not why I am here. Also, someone dropped off a Esternern schreetch Owl because they THOUGHT we knew birds and what to do! Thats a whole other story that if anyone wants to know about Herman the owl ( we named him Herman because we didn't know If it was a "Her or "Him" = Herman! Just let me know your interested and I will send you our story. Im worried about about if we are feeding Miss Pretty enough, the right stuff and especially if we are feeding her correctly.
OK, Sonnys,(my hubby) sister had her first flock of chickens last year and she had a taste of the "Predator hell" Excuse the expression but thats how I feel! She brought one of her chickens over that was attacked by what we believe to had been a Possum. I named her Miss pretty right off the rip! Her whole face was tore up and she no longer had a top or a bottom beak! Everything else looked ok just needed the blood washed off and some love and water....food too! Now, we have had 4 different flocks and never had anything like this! So, PLEASE can someone help me? I will be attaching pics here in a few but PLEASE any

Hello to all my animal loving friends! It has been a long time snce I have visited. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing? I shouldnt just show up when its ME and my babys! I should check in frequntly to help others if I could just help one just one animal, I feel my mission here on earth is completed LOL! No, but seriously I'm sorry I have been here but with 7 chickens 2 goats (well one now) 2 mastiff puppies one old girl Shay, which so worries me because she is getting sooooo old but thats not why I am here. Also, someone dropped off a Esternern schreetch Owl because they THOUGHT we knew birds and what to do! Thats a whole other story that if anyone wants to know about Herman the owl ( we named him Herman because we didn't know If it was a "Her or "Him" = Herman! Just let me know your interested and I will send you our story. Im worried about about if we are feeding Miss Pretty enough, the right stuff and especially if we are feeding her correctly.
OK, Sonnys,(my hubby) sister had her first flock of chickens last year and she had a taste of the "Predator hell" Excuse the expression but thats how I feel! She brought one of her chickens over that was attacked by what we believe to had been a Possum. I named her Miss pretty right off the rip! Her whole face was tore up and she no longer had a top or a bottom beak! Everything else looked ok just needed the blood washed off and some love and water....food too! Now, we have had 4 different flocks and never had anything like this! So, PLEASE can someone help me? I will be attaching pics here in a few but PLEASE any

A lot will depend on the nature of the damage. With total loss of both beaks, she will be unable to eat on her own. Pictures will help.

Attachments

• 20240405_123844.jpg
    20240405_123844.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 33
Well Miss Pretty is doing OK so far. My angel hubby (I call him Dr Doolittle"} Feeds her twice a day with a syringe and of course water throughout the day. We keep her in her separate dog crate with a heat lamp when chilly and yesterday we had a beautiful day here so we put her outside in her cage but in the grass hoping she would start learning to eat bug and grass without a beak....poor girl tries to eat but just can quit get the fact that she needs to go a little lower?? I think she drank some water on her own also yesterday because it was lower and it wasn't wet like she might have split it Do you think that she can learn to eat with no beak? Sonny is doing his best to keep her alive and she seems to be thriving Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Back
Top Bottom