Miss Pretty attacked with no beak! How to feed? PLEASE HELP

Im sorry I posted that last post I didn't see the replies! Thank you for all you guys do! Can anyone tell us how often and how much she should be eating?

Hopefully she will be fine
Og God I pray! She is so strong and when we put her outside inside floorless cage she tries so hard to eat the grass and bugs but just don't know how yet. Will she learn???
Sourland posted some advice and a question about her tongue
Yes I apologized I felt so bad that I didn't see her reply! We still have no idea how much too feed and how often to feed her. She lost all her big scabs and a piece of black at the end of her tongue fell off, but thank God her tongue is still in take and she seems be learning how to use her tongue to pick things up, Now she still tries to get her food herself and cant, she don't quite go down far enough its really sad cause she just looks at us like HUH? Why cant I eat anymore...I want that sooo bad" its sad you guys but she definitely is spunky and doing a lot better I'm going to get an updated pic of her. Please I cant r=find any info on how much and when to feed her

An average hen will eat between 100 – 150g of feed per day. I feed my chickens in the morning (so once a day)
No No hun we are hand feeding her mushed up food and electrolites and vitamins and feed her out of a syringe thingy. She's in her own cage in the house and then we take her outside when its nice and put her in a wired dog house with the bottom out so she can get some grass and bugs but she cannot get the grass with out a beak or the bugs unless she learns to catch the bugs with her tongue??! That would be great! Sonny made here like a pot of grass some grass is tall some shirt so she would hopefully learn. Do you guys think she will learn to eat on her own? She drank a little water on her own we THINK cause her water dish was down just a little bit this morning and she didn't spill it cause it was dry in there. SO I hope that's the case also I put a tablespoon full of egg salad in her cage and the next morning there was just a little peice of dried up egg REAL little. SO Im going to put my cam in there to see if she eating and drinking. So she always has access to fresh food and water but.....I don't know

the
the bottom out and just out I will try and get a v

Last edited:
No No hun we are hand feeding her mushed up food and electrolites and vitamins and feed her out of a syringe thingy. She's in her own cage in the house and then we take her outside when its nice and put her in a wired dog house with the bottom out so she can get some grass and bugs but she cannot get the grass with out a beak or the bugs unless she learns to catch the bugs with her tongue??! That would be great! Sonny made here like a pot of grass some grass is tall some shirt so she would hopefully learn. Do you guys think she will learn to eat on her own? She drank a little water on her own we THINK cause her water dish was down just a little bit this morning and she didn't spill it cause it was dry in there. SO I hope that's the case also I put a tablespoon full of egg salad in her cage and the next morning there was just a little peice of dried up egg REAL little. SO Im going to put my cam in there to see if she eating and drinking. So she always has access to fresh food and water but.....I don't know

the
the bottom out and just out I will try and get a v
Right I had not realised that you were hand feeding her but I would feed her as many times as possible to get 150g of feed into her, she might not like being fed (?)
Good luck

UPDATE: Miss Pretty is doing wonderful and eating on her own! She is such a GREAT chicken! She has been through it all! She is now eating worms and she LOVES her spinach, strawberries with whipped cream of course! Sonny did a GREAT job at feeding and washing her to health! He truly saved her life! I couldn't bear looking at her try and eat but its getting a little easier now since I know she can and WILL live. SHe will always have to be treated differently and I don't think she will ever be able to be put into my flock but what I was thinking is gettingbt5fv4r some chicks and have them grow up with her! What do you guys think about what to do so shes not lonely? When we put her outside (in a dog crate) she sees the other chickens and wants out of the cage sooo bad! Now that breaks my heart. I have 3 chickens left in my flock and the oldest is approx 4 yrs old maybe older. So Im too afraid to put her out with them with no defense. So any suggestions would be GREAT! Thank you all for your input! I will send pics of Miss Pretty soon.Ill get a video of Sonny feeding her. He still feeds her just to make sure she is getting enough. Dr. Doolittle I call him lol

Back
Top Bottom