Missing Flight Feathers

HootWhite

Chirping
Aug 12, 2023
Buckner, KY
My Buff Orpington has lost her flight feathers and haven’t shown signs of coming back. She started laying about a month ago and approx. 1 year old.

It is effecting her from getting on the roost and I have been putting her in the coop each night since she for some reason can’t figure out to walk up the ladder. She wants to jump up on the ladder but seems she will not due to not being able to use her wings.

She had her flight feathers all year long until about 2 months ago. She and another hen had a small molt.

Any thoughts?

My Buff Orpington has lost her flight feathers and haven’t shown signs of coming back. She started laying about a month ago and approx. 1 year old.

It is effecting her from getting on the roost and I have been putting her in the coop each night since she for some reason can’t figure out to walk up the ladder. She wants to jump up on the ladder but seems she will not due to not being able to use her wings.

She had her flight feathers all year long until about 2 months ago. She and another hen had a small molt.

Any thoughts?
Do you have photos?

Back
Top Bottom