Missourians, Storm Reports?

Thanks...the rain has stopped earlier this evening, but now the wind is picking up so we're not out of the woods yet. There's so much ice on the lines it won't take much to snap them.

I think the babies are pretty cute too...hopefully they won't lose their heat lamp tonight and me have to move them back by the wood stove again.

Speckled Hen, We are ok here in Pineville. We got ice Sunday and the kids were out of school Monday, but, it melted off and it has been raining since, I think we are supposed to get four rounds of stuff, everything is mushy here for sure, the chickens have spent the majority of their day outside didn't seem to bother them at all. I am hoping the eggs make it here tomorrow, that would make it day two since you mailed them.

Towns north and west of us got the brunt of the ice storms still without power, my mom was supposed to get a chemo treatment Monday but thank goodness the dr office cancelled so we are going tomorrow got to have her there at 8:30 for a six hour treatment, suppose I should get to bed.

Thanks for asking about us and I will let you know when the eggs get here.

Good Night Everyone

23 years ago this week we had another ice storm that left us without electricity for over a week.......I remember because of my daughter's 3rd birthday and the fact that I couldn't bake her a birthday cake. 3 years ago Jan 3 we had a much worse one than what we had now....also no electricity for a week...so I don't think it's really that early.....early or late tho it's still a pain in the you know what!!!!

It does seem early, but the earth is changing, unfortunately. It was this time last yr or actually a little earlier that we had a really bad ice storm and were without electricity for a few weeks.

It was 50 degrees here today, but is dropping in the 20's tonight. Weird weather! It's pouring cold freezing rain at the moment.

Quote:
We had an ice storm that knocked out our power for a week about 10 years ago, this is not a new thing down here. We have ice storms on a fairly reg. basis. We have had the entire shop roof fall in, had the drive-way impassable from all the tree tops falling over to the ground, I have lots of photos of ice storms here.

I'm not a missourian but I do live about an hour north east of there. Now today is fine but they are predicting some badish stuff tonight.

We had a lot of ice Sunday but not as much as last year. A few small limbs came down but nothing that would have caused damage to a vehicle. My power was out from Sunday until sometime between Monday evening and Tuesday morning. (we stayed at my families home Monday night and only came home to keep care of the animals)

I did let my chickens out today (first time sence the strom) but will most likly keep them in tomorow.

Last edited:
Everything is just fine here. I was even able to let the chickent out for the day
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom