Mites in little crevice of coop

If it gets out of hand, it can make your chooks ill and possibly kill them. But clearly your attentive and have caught it early.

There's a lot of advice on here that comes from people with different perspectives. I myself have issues with lice from childhood trauma. I brought home 4 chooks and during intake found one had a lice infestation. I flipped. They freak me out. I spent the rest of the day dunking ALL my birds in pyrethin dog dip in a 25 gallon water trough. My flock hadn't even met the new roos. So, depending on what freaks you out... we all over react to something.

Mites are bugs that need to exterminated and fortunately the Elector PSP is harmless to chickens and fairly easy to use. The whole 'clean and scrub the coop' scenario isn't really necessary if it's not cluttered. Just take out the bedding, spray and put in new bedding. Make sure you spray the floor of the run.
I appreciate your input so much!! Thank you for your kindness. I would say I lost it but then pulled myself together. It looks like I found it early. I cleaned the coop out and didn’t find anymore so that’s good. So far only on the roost bar. I sprayed and will put new bedding in tomorrow. Hoping this helps!!

Back
Top Bottom