Mixed breed ducks!

The dark ones are the Black Swedish with a Saxony drake... the light one on the right is pure Saxony. Marked up like swedes huh?

I forgot how much friendlier just-hatched babies are compared to shipped babies. So cute! The hairy thing on the right is "momma skunk"... a stuffed animal to huddle under.

They are adorable,, Congrats.. I love those lil feet..

It's little wonder that all Swede crosses look like Swedes. The overall genome of the swede is dominant to everything. Chocolate is sexlinked, so that explains the Campbell/Swede cross. The Welsh/Campbell cross is because it was not sexlinked, and the Dusky gene of the Campbell, and the Snowy gene of the Welsh are both recessive. He is just Wildtype.

Emily

This is a pic of my pastel X with a gray call duck. CANT BELIVE I GOT ONE!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

I have a fawn and white Indian runner (drake) x Khaki Campbell (duck) cross and she is absolutely beautiful! As of today she is almost three months old. Don't mind the chickens and her pekin boyfriend :p she's the greyish/brownish duck with the white ring of feathers on her neck.

Last edited:
I have a fawn and white Indian runner (drake) x Khaki Campbell (duck) cross and she is absolutely beautiful! As of today she is almost three months old. Don't mind the chickens and her pekin boyfriend :p she's the greyish/brownish duck with the white ring of feathers on her neck.

Did your mix bred turn out to be a male?? All our ducks that had the white ring turned into drakes

So glad I found this post!! I have 1 female pekin and a male and a female what I think are mallards (they were supposed to be ruins but have no problem flying as high and far as they want..which is why I think they are mallards) I'm not sure which of the females are laying but I wondered what a pekin/mallard cross would look like!

Back
Top Bottom