Mixed breed ducks!

Can someone please help me identify these ducks my son brought home from school?

I just picked up a new mixed breed duck today and I'm trying to decide what type of cross she is. She's last years hatch and probably only weighs about 2-3 pounds!

no crosses here yet, but next year I'll probably have some. we got two Rouens this year hoping for a pair and wound up with two girls. we had no luck finding a Rouen drake for them, but we found someone nearby who was willing to give us her extra Khaki Campbell drake (they were originally going to butcher any extra drakes, but they got too attached to him so decided to give him to a good home instead). we were going to get a khaki/cayuga cross drake, but the person who offered that made themselves sound local, but they turned out to be over an hour away (and the best ways there were heavy on road construction so it would be even longer still). I'm really interested in how they'll turn out. anyone have any examples of a Rouen and Khaki Campbell cross just so I can get some ideas of how they may turn out?

These are mine today. They're the size of their buff father, lay eggs like their snowy mallard mother, and they can fly like their mother. They all have a white eye stripe, though Tellie's isn't as pronounced as Nibbles's and Bruiser's.

Back
Top Bottom