Mixed breed!

Jun 29, 2023
This is Mama bird. She is around 5-6 years old and is a mix between a speckled Sussex and a silkie. She has the black skin of a silkie but different colors. She is very paranoid ever since All of her babies were killed by skunks until she just had one left that got taken by a hawk. She is very pretty but I do not know what breed she is. Just sharing her story because her Mom who was 8, just got taken so she has been hiding for a couple days now. She is very sweet and not aggressive at all. She wants more babies but I don’t know if we can make it happen. Our little cockerel is only 2 months old and we want her hopes to come true but she might not live long enough to have them.

Attachments

• IMG_4327.jpeg
    IMG_4327.jpeg
    425 KB · Views: 22
maybe she would accept some chicks? also that pics reminds me of the "dont talk to me or my baby ever again"
I think she only accepts chicks if they are hers, we have lots of chicks in pens outside and if one gets out she takes feathers from it. If she didn’t make it, she doesn’t want it. But our Cockrele just started crowing today! So maybe she will get her babies in a year or so :)

Awww...what a sweetheart. :love They do get nervous after predator attacks, spend some time with her, let her know its OK.
She is very hard to approach since she runs away from you but we are nice and if she’s stressed trying to lay an egg we gently move the other birds from the coop if they are not laying and just standing there to take some of the stress and crowding away. She loved her baby sososososo much, she used to have around 20 but 19 got taken :( she wouldn’t come out of the coop for a while because she was trying to hatch more but unfortunately we didn’t have a rooster :(

She is very hard to approach since she runs away from you but we are nice and if she’s stressed trying to lay an egg we gently move the other birds from the coop if they are not laying and just standing there to take some of the stress and crowding away. She loved her baby sososososo much, she used to have around 20 but 19 got taken :( she wouldn’t come out of the coop for a while because she was trying to hatch more but unfortunately we didn’t have a rooster :(
Yes it's so sad to lose them to predators. :( :hugs

Back
Top Bottom