Mixed breeds

I have all brown and blue laying hens and just one Silverrudd roo to add the green genetics. My chicks are all beautiful healthy babies. Some of the "pure breed" chicks that I purchased were not as advertised and not very healthy either. I'm so happy with my flock now.

I have all brown and blue laying hens and just one Silverrudd roo to add the green genetics. My chicks are all beautiful healthy babies. Some of the "pure breed" chicks that I purchased were not as advertised and not very healthy either. I'm so happy with my flock now.

I have to agree with you , Kattatude. I have purchased and hatched pure chicks and as a whole mixed chicks are healthier and more hardy in my experience. I have also sold mixed chicks and they have thrived and seem to have less health issues.

I have enjoyed this! I have
Hens golden sexlink
Delaware
Welsummer
White leghorn
Cuckoo maran
New Hampshire red
Road island red
Speckled Sussex
Turken
Americana
EE

Roo
Cuckoo maran
White leghorn
Rir
Polish

I have hatched out 3 from the rir roo and assorted girls one I am sure was with a welsummer other 2 not sure
6 out of the wl roo and assorted girls 2 were from green eggs rest not sure all healthy and growing well

Is it hard to get rid of/sell mixed breed bantam chicks? Gave my 2 broody girls some eggs and it our first time hatching. Just candled 21 eggs and only one wasn't alive. My husband is going to kill me if I have 20 more chicks! Lol
Here's a couple of pics of what mom & dad could be. I got the fertile eggs from a neighbor, so not sure on the breeds. I was told they were all purebred.

Back
Top Bottom