Mixed rabbits - Any guess on breed mix?

Moochie

Songster
9 Years
Nov 8, 2010
North Edwards

So they are all siblings. There is a black one (the one exploring the plate), but I gave him back to his original owners because the owner's son was crying very bad and missing the bunny.. Anyways there is a blue eyed white and the two brownish colored ones, all girls. I am wondering what kind they are. I saw their mom and dad, they were not that big. Maybe around 5 pounds or 6 pounds.
I built a super rabbit proof run for them outside with my mom, wire under the ground so they can't dig out and plenty of room for them to play around, they should be good. They also have a good sized bunny house with room and hidey boxes. They are being fed pellets, hay and alfalfa, these collard greens I buy for 2.99, semi dried apples, celery, etc etc. They seem to be a lot of fun, I like them :)
So more experienced rabbit folk, what kind of mix do ya think?

Pets. The previous people who had them, their grandmother (who is friends with my mom) wants a baby though. Maybe I will have one of them bred, maybe not.

I saw you over at rabbit talk ^^ hopefully you'll get lots of replies :3

If you're keeping for pets, may I suggest getting them spayed? Sometimes intact does will randomly go at each other, I know of someone who 2 sisters lived together for years, now if they see each other they growl & bite the bars. Just something to think about, and if you have them inside they'll abide to litter boxes much Better. Just to keep in mind, I know that spays are expensive.
Wish you best of luck, sounds like you have a great feeding program. They're all very cute. I know I love my meat rabbits :3

Quote: Heinz 57.
gig.gif

Seriously, they could be anything. There are several breeds that can come in BEW; from lops to dwarfs to rex to angoras. To have a BEW, both parents have to have a copy of the Vienna gene. The white noses, etc, in the other bunnies makes them VM (Vienna marked), not to be confused with the markings of the Dutch breed, which it resembles. The Vienna breed is a large, commercial-type rabbit; if the parents are only about 5 pounds, I think we can rule that one out.
idunno.gif
They are cute!

Back
Top Bottom