ChickChic00

Songster
Sep 10, 2019
Is it ok to mix Flock Party Rising chick feed, and Flock Party Egg Maker Crumbles together for adult quail?
The Chick feed has 22% Protein but the Egg Maker has only 16%
I want the higher protein but also want the calcium.
Is it a good idea to mix the to bags of feed together? Thanks so very much!!

You can, but what ratio are you going to use? I'd calculate all the %'s with your ratio and make sure they are getting enough calcium and other minerals compared to a quail layer feed. If you're doing 1:1 you may not have sufficient calcium, I'm not sure it'll be worth the trouble since you'll have to continue supplementing with oyster shell.

You can, but what ratio are you going to use? I'd calculate all the %'s with your ratio and make sure they are getting enough calcium and other minerals compared to a quail layer feed. If you're doing 1:1 you may not have sufficient calcium, I'm not sure it'll be worth the trouble since you'll have to continue supplementing with oyster shell.
would it be better to just use the chick feed then? Then supplement calcium? I'll also be giving them some veggies from the garden.

Do you have access to an all flock feed? With that you can supplement calcium. Or you can use the egg maker even though the protein is a bit low. Better to use something intended for adult birds.

Do you have access to an all flock feed? With that you can supplement calcium. Or you can use the egg maker even though the protein is a bit low. Better to use something intended for adult birds.
I can find an all flock feed possibly

Back
Top Bottom