Modern Bantams anyone?

Quote:
At least you are in the state and don't have to pay $150 to get a single bird across the border! There are only 3 breeders in Canada but luckily they have won most of the US shows!!!!!!!!! My bird is from the BEST stock here in beautiful Canada. I can't wait till summer so that I can get three hens...they are going to be costing me over $100 each!

They have won most of the US shows? You are going to have to explain that one, as far as I know they hardly even show in the US, they mostly judge shows.

Bob

They show. They mainly show in Cal. Though sorry

Quote:
At least you are in the state and don't have to pay $150 to get a single bird across the border! There are only 3 breeders in Canada but luckily they have won most of the US shows!!!!!!!!! My bird is from the BEST stock here in beautiful Canada. I can't wait till summer so that I can get three hens...they are going to be costing me over $100 each!

They have won most of the US shows? You are going to have to explain that one, as far as I know they hardly even show in the US, they mostly judge shows.

Bob

It's time for you to move!

I have a question for you modern game guys....standard calls for a black eye in lemon blues, brown reds and blues....but everyone I have seen has a brown eye...and old english lemon blues, brown reds and blues call for a dark brown eye...any input or information that will be helpful?

Quote:
This is the same question I have had this Summer. Here is what I was told by an ABA judge who also breeds/raises Brown Red Moderns.
As to the eye color, the standard says black, but there is not a black
>> eyed BR modern in the whole world. All are Dark Brown to brown, but you
>> are right to get one dark brown if you can. Judges are aware of this
>> problem in the standard, but it has not been changed yet. A Brown Red K
>> won Champion of show in Newnan, Georgia three weeks ago over 1900 birds.
>> He had brown eyes.

Quote:
I got her a lovely man up her...if only I could get her over the border
he.gif

How bout you get HIM over the border??
tongue.png
I'm not parting with her!!

Quote:
This is the same question I have had this Summer. Here is what I was told by an ABA judge who also breeds/raises Brown Red Moderns.
As to the eye color, the standard says black, but there is not a black
>> eyed BR modern in the whole world. All are Dark Brown to brown, but you
>> are right to get one dark brown if you can. Judges are aware of this
>> problem in the standard, but it has not been changed yet. A Brown Red K
>> won Champion of show in Newnan, Georgia three weeks ago over 1900 birds.
>> He had brown eyes.

thanks for clearing that up for me julie
smile.png

me and the wife added to our modern bantam flock a little, the wife got a pair of white tailed buffs that are gorgeous, and I got a pair that are almost there on the spangled color....and got a birchen cockbird to run over my silver blue hens....will get pics soon...btw, I have a splash cockbird I dont need if anyone is needin him to put over blues or blacks....

Back
Top Bottom