Modern Bantams anyone?

there isnt much of a market around here for moderns, as you said I believe most people dont know what they are missing...I didnt like them at all before I got them, but since then, they have really grown on me, attitudes, looks, they are very graceful and elegant...

Yes , I think they are the most friendly birds we have on the farm. Always wanting attention and talking away all the time . They are really great birds I didn;t like them before we got them, but now they really grow on you like a dog that always want petted .

Quote:
Quite the market for Moderns in Oklahoma. Some of the best Modern breeders in the Country show at the Shawnee show and there are probably more Moderns shown there on average than any other show.
I personally show at 4 shows in Oklahoma every year. If you go to Newcastle in October you will find 100's of Moderns for sale.

Quote:
Quite the market for Moderns in Oklahoma. Some of the best Modern breeders in the Country show at the Shawnee show and there are probably more Moderns shown there on average than any other show.
I personally show at 4 shows in Oklahoma every year. If you go to Newcastle in October you will find 100's of Moderns for sale.

thats good to know sir, from the lack of interest I had in a couple pairs i put on craigslist I figured there must not be much of a market...I have gotten a few birds from monte watson, and wade walker just set me up with brown reds and birchens...I think I got a pretty start in them
smile.png

Okay all you Modern keepers... Can you believe just how LOUD these little birds can be?!! I was inside the house today when I heard a racket that sounded like a chicken being ripped limb from limb. I rushed out into the yard expecting to find a hawk or the neighbor's dog or some other foul creature devouring a chicken. Instead, I heard the same hideous noise coming from my little Lemon Blue Pullet who was standing in the leaves, stretching her neck and singing with all her might!
lau.gif

Mine peeps in her sleep! I kept looking around like I know I don't have any chicks. Then I realized it was coming from her
roll.png
She was really out too, just all sprawled out in the sun, yet she never stopped peeping
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom