Modern Bantams anyone?

Hi everyone. Finally getting an egg or two from my Lemon Blue pullet. Now I just need the BB Red girl to start so I can try to hatch some chicks

We went to a new show last weekend and were pleasantly surprised to have our BB Red chosen as Reserve Modern. There were 25 + Moderns entered. I like this shot. That's my hen in the background and it looks like they are having a conversation about it all.

Last edited:
I couldn't help myself, I just got 3 Red Pyle Moderns today
yesss.gif
I have one little Birchen Girl that is the sweetest chicken that I own, so I decided to get her a few friends, I hope at least one girl in the group. I thought it would be fun to have a contrast of the dark Birchen Girl with the Red Pyle. They are so tiny and leggie, I just love them
love.gif

congrats on the show result Julie! I agree that is a nice picture of him and his girlfriend through the cage!

and also congrats to everyone on their new babies! We just finished some cages for the moderns and everyone except for the mum and her 2 babies have moved into their new home!

Here is a not so good picture of my trio. I got told I won't be able to show the rooster because of his colouring but I never got the details as to why! Poor things look a bit shocked in this pic. It was taken at night. The rooster also looks a bit rough at the moment. I assume he is going through a moult!

Does anyone have a link or know where I can find some good information re: colouring in moderns? I'm totally new to all this and was wondering if there is a good resource somewhere that can explain all of the different colours and what is considered acceptable in shows? and more importantly what I should breed for!!

I'm torn I have to pick one color to breed (only have room for one) and I don't know what to pick. I've always loved moderns but didn't have room til now (my friends taking my cochins) I'm deciding between bbred, and pyle. I'm leaning towards Pyle. Also how do you dub them?! I don't think I have the stomach to do it!!!!

I'm surprised this thread isn't a little more active as cool as these birds are. Hopefully someone will know the answer to this.
If these 2 birds are bred together could a silver blue pullet come of it? Is there such a thing? And if so, what does a silver blue hen/pullet look like? I tried searching and got nowhere.

Here is what I found:

"The Silver Blues mated back to the Birchen will produce 50 percent Silver Blues and 50 percent Birchens, and these Birchens will be improved in their silver top color and the Silver Blue as well improves the dark caps in the Birchens."

I'm surprised this thread isn't a little more active as cool as these birds are. Hopefully someone will know the answer to this.
If these 2 birds are bred together could a silver blue pullet come of it? Is there such a thing? And if so, what does a silver blue hen/pullet look like? I tried searching and got nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom