Modern Bantams anyone?

I just had a little Modern chick hatch from my pair of Lemon Blues. As I understand it, the chicks can be Lemon Blue, Brown Red or Splash Lemon Blue. This chicks is very light silvery colored. So, I assume it's Splash. Does anyone know what that will look like?

I got a shock when it hatched. I had marked the egg "BR" for Barred Rock. For just a few seconds after I saw that silver chick, my mind was really whirling! lol

Yes Julie your chick is a spalsh, in theory you should get 25% Spalsh.
The males of your Lemon Bblue Spalsh will have some Lemon on them as per the LB males. The females will look like real spalsh females ( no lemon) and you can show them as spalsh.
Bob

I have been breeding show Silkies and various other breeds for 14 years and finally just got some Modern Game bantams this sring for a project. I LOVE them! They are so sweet! I have 2 boys and 4 girls from the looks of things. They are red pyle. I got them from a hatchery so I doubt they will be high quality but I love them anyway. I might end up getting a few more from better lines just for fun. :)

I will try to get some pics of them later today.

Does anyone have buff Moderns?

I have never seen Buff Moderns. I know there is one guy who had some rare varieties like Gold Neck and Barred. He may have some Buffs. He posts them for sale on showbirdbid.com sometimes.

Hello everybody I raise black moderns and this is one of my cockerels
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom