Modern game bantams...

Pics
Quote:
The male is older, but the girls are both pullets. They are really nice. Here are a couple more photos; yes, they are in a parrot cage:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...9131902856_727972855_8235107_1250109706_n.jpghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...9132002856_727972855_8235108_1620619703_n.jpg

If any of my grands could have gone, they'd have shown them in Farmington last weekend, but none could make it, so their birds stayed home. I liked them better than the other lemon blues I saw there.

Pluck the black feather on her right wing before you go to show...I believe that it would be a dq.

I'll look them over and do that this week. Next show is a couple of weeks off; have to check if the grands can make it; then two weeks later and then February, both in town, so I am sure they can make them.

12477_bbredcock.jpg

Quote:
Pluck the black feather on her right wing before you go to show...I believe that it would be a dq.

I'll look them over and do that this week. Next show is a couple of weeks off; have to check if the grands can make it; then two weeks later and then February, both in town, so I am sure they can make them.

Actually, the black feather is a defect, not a DQ. Any white feathers would be DQ. Anyway, I'd go ahead and pluck it as long as it won't leave a noticeable gap.

Quote:
I believe I saw you buying those birds from Tom Anderson

Probably. Were you at the Club table or just lurking?

Last edited:
Quote:
I believe I saw you buying those birds from Tom Anderson

Probably. Were you at the Club table or just lurking?

Yes I was at the club table. My wife was selling the MGBCA stuff.
Bob

Just butting in here...

I've been thinking about getting a few modern games just for fun (not for show) and was wondering: Do the hatchery quality versions look anything like the ones you guys have been posting pic of? Does anyone happen to have pic's of hatchery stock? All I can find on websites are the SOP drawings.

This Splash girl came from Ideal. She isn't show quality, but she does look like a Modern. This is a photo of her as a pullet. Her comb grew quite a bit as she matured. It is really too big now to be ideal for a Modern hen. We keep her around because she's good at going broody and raising chicks.

12477_stand.jpg

She's lovely! Thanks for posting the pic, looks like I've got a few chicks to add to my next order!

Back
Top Bottom