modern game thread! (')>

I have a pair of Birchen Moderns, and one Red Pyle hen. I just love them to death. The Birchen are from Brent Dickerson's lines! Red Pyle from Corwin Witt's!
Till spring they will be coop mates with the Showgirls and Silkies! I agree they are wonderful and do not seem to cause any problems with the other boys.

53862_dsc05015.jpg

53862_dsc04988.jpg

I have Bantam Birchen Moderns- 2 cockerals and 3 pullets.

I love them, they are super friendly, free range with my flock of 70 in the afternoons,and come to me in the evenings to be put to "bed"

For some reason Moderns are not as popular as say bantam Cochins, but I really think people are missing out, especially those looking for small pets or birds to show. I think if more people tried them, they would become as addicted as I am now. Anyone with Blacks or Lavenders? Other colors? Pictures, please! LOL

I would LOVE to have some moderns! Have had cochins and polish for years, but thinking to build a coop/aviary off the breezeway between my living area and bedroom, and what better to put it in it but a trio of black or blue or birchen modern games! Except, where do I find them, besides a hatchery?? I was at a big poultry show back in November, and there was exactly ONE modern game entered. She was gorgeous. Made me change my mind about how bizaare looking they are! LOL

So any thoughts on where to go for a few of these guys?

i love moderns! i have only one unfortunatly, since i've decided to focus my efforts on seramas instead. she's a blue. not SQ though-she was a cull from a breeder but i don't mind. she's so inquisitive and friendly. those little guys have such personality
smile.png

52086_dscn5680.jpg

i'm also a big fan of the LF's. too bad they're so hard to find. actually i think the only one i've seen in person was a one eyed wheaten cockerel at a petting zoo
hmm.png
anyone have the LF's?

Just today I committed to taking home a little birchen modern game bantam after we return from holiday. Going to get her and another little wyandotte bantam. Ya'll are making me wanna get another modern, too!!
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom