modern game thread! (')>

Cute Moderns!

There are several Modern threads on here, but we can't seem to keep one going very long. I'm going to get some pics of my "teenage" moderns today and I'll try to post later.

ETA: pics

Last edited:
okay have some questions, just finished reading the posts here. My DS(7) would like some of the bantam modern games to raise and when he is old enough show them as a 4-H project. With help from us(parents and sister) is this a breed he could handle? He thinks the birchen are neat looking.

okay have some questions, just finished reading the posts here. My DS(7) would like some of the bantam modern games to raise and when he is old enough show them as a 4-H project. With help from us(parents and sister) is this a breed he could handle? He thinks the birchen are neat looking.
It's the #1 breed I recommend for children. The birds are very small & easy for small hands to control. Most important they tend to be calm & easily tamed, especially the females. Most of the females seem to be natural pets. Once they've been handled a couple of times they just walk out of the cage into your hand. Your son has good taste, the Birchens are beautiful.

These are adorable! I have a friend who has them and I am thinking I would like some too. Do they mix well in a flock with regular size birds.
I asked a friend our ours who had a few at one time and she said that the other birds left them alone- like they weren't quite sure what to make of them.

My DS(7) is so excited to be getting some- he keeps asking when- we have to wait until Jan or so to get some chicks. We have hatched bantam chicks before but wondering how they compare size wise and if they are smaller?

Hello All :eek:)
My 7 year old daughter Autumn Rose would LOVE to start showing Moderns. Does anyone know of a a breeder that we could purchase either great show quality live birds, or hatching eggs out of a nice show line?

We showed Sussex this weekend at FowlFest and she fell in love with the moderns.

Please advise.

Hello All :eek:)
My 7 year old daughter Autumn Rose would LOVE to start showing Moderns. Does anyone know of a a breeder that we could purchase either great show quality live birds, or hatching eggs out of a nice show line?

We showed Sussex this weekend at FowlFest and she fell in love with the moderns.

Please advise.
Go to the Modern Game Club website. They have a list of breeders there. Your best bet might be to find some for sale at a show.

Back
Top Bottom