modern game thread! (')>

I have a question for all of you Modern Owners! I have standard-size Moderns and I have hatched several chicks. A few of them hatched with crooked legs. My oldest pullet looked great until a few days ago, and then she started walking strange, too! I hoped it was just a little phase, but she still looks crooked-legged.

Any ideas?

I have a question for all of you Modern Owners! I have standard-size Moderns and I have hatched several chicks. A few of them hatched with crooked legs. My oldest pullet looked great until a few days ago, and then she started walking strange, too! I hoped it was just a little phase, but she still looks crooked-legged.

Any ideas?
It could be genetic or from problems with incubation. Sorry I really can't be much help.

0.jpg
Here is a short vid some of my boys wins at the county fair. Their Moderns did real good this.

I am currently trying to breed Lemon Blue modern bantams by crossing my Brown Red cock with my Blue hen. I read on the Modern Game club website that you can do this. I was wondering if I could do the same thing to get Silver Blue, but by crossing Birchen and Blue moderns.

Has anybody else tried this? Or any thoughts, comments, or advice?

Last edited:
havent seen a modern game thread yet so i decided to post 1! so lets talk moderns!
. can anyone help my partners dad past leaving her his moderns from wich so far she has bred one a cockrel he is nearly a year old but seems to have a problem standing as in when he dose he looks like a runner duck head high tail to the ground and what i think is his hips he pushes forwards we have to massarg his hips and straiten his legs 2-3 times a day for him to walk properly even then it doesn't always work have taken him vets and they don't know whats wrong has anyone got any idears pls???

I have been looking for a few MGB hatching eggs in blue,birchen, and/or blue lemon. I have placed ads but no one seems to have any for sale. I thought maybe if I asked here someone could at least give me some leads. Ideal had some but they are sold out for the yr. Not especially looking for SQ but if not too expensive that would be OK. Trying to get some before more states quit allowing shipping. I live in VA. Please help.

I have been looking for a few MGB hatching eggs in blue,birchen, and/or blue lemon. I have placed ads but no one seems to have any for sale. I thought maybe if I asked here someone could at least give me some leads. Ideal had some but they are sold out for the yr. Not especially looking for SQ but if not too expensive that would be OK. Trying to get some before more states quit allowing shipping. I live in VA. Please help.
Though Ideal lists the moderns as sold for the year, if you choose the button to be notified when they are available, you might be surprised. I've done that several times and they call me within weeks to say they're available. I've gotten their Lemon-blues and BBR moderns and LOVE them!

Back
Top Bottom