Montana

We ordered 1,000 meal worms and they came today, it was fun feeding them to my flock. It was feeding frenzy at its finest lol. Soon I will be saying good by to my roosters, makes me cry just thinking about it. We will be back down to 6 girls. Can not wait until they all lay, I have had to buy eggs from other farms, at 4.00 a dozen yikes! Looking for my pullets laying by the end of July /august and my chick by September/October . How's everyone doing with the heat wave ?

Hello fellow Montanans! Gosh, I was active on here over a year ago (or something... been a while!) and then I got busy, but now I'm back. Something about Spring/Summer months makes me think "Ooo I need to read up on THAT breed of chicken!" So here I am, on the prowl for Buckeyes and Silkies.

We are out West of Missoula, and have some odd critters, but we love them very much! If anyone in the area ever wants to come out to meet/pet a yak, let me know :)

Who else is around Missoula??

We ordered 1,000 meal worms and they came today, it was fun feeding them to my flock. It was feeding frenzy at its finest lol. Soon I will be saying good by to my roosters, makes me cry just thinking about it. We will be back down to 6 girls. Can not wait until they all lay, I have had to buy eggs from other farms, at 4.00 a dozen yikes! Looking for my pullets laying by the end of July /august and my chick by September/October . How's everyone doing with the heat wave ?

$4/dozen??? I get $2 from friends and $3 at the feed store. Sorry you're having to pay so much :(

The heat is nice for the birds, but the yaks do not appreciate it. They miss snow already. I like the 70s... above that and working outside gets a little rough when you want to keep hydrated :)

Hope your pullets get going soon!

Hello fellow Montanans! Gosh, I was active on here over a year ago (or something... been a while!) and then I got busy, but now I'm back. Something about Spring/Summer months makes me think "Ooo I need to read up on THAT breed of chicken!" So here I am, on the prowl for Buckeyes and Silkies.

We are out West of Missoula, and have some odd critters, but we love them very much! If anyone in the area ever wants to come out to meet/pet a yak, let me know :)

Who else is around Missoula??
Welcome back! Yaks, oh my that's cute, what else do you have? You must be so busy with the animals, sounds like a fun place to visit! I'm in butte, well out skirts really, just chickens but I'm still considered city limits so not as many as I like. Looking forward to seeing at least five eggs a day soon, but like last year we get super cold here early so just when the eggs come so does the sun and the cold lol. I'm happy to say I had electricity put in, and they will be getting lights and heat when it gets super cold. I only went a few months with out eggs, but I missed them. This year I hope not to miss many lol.
So you want buckeyes and silkies or you have these already and you want to add more? I'm looking for ameraucana or EE. Egs, my hen is broody again. Always broody lol. Come march, I'm putting some under her, so if anyone here has these birds eggs come spring I'm in need of 5 !

Thanks :) Yeah, the yaks are fun. I have a pair of Muscovies- the duck is setting on a clutch of 14 right now, so in a month or so, hopefully I'll have 16 :) Then I have 11 laying hens, a new Blue Copper Marans roo, Then 25 chicks out in the barn and more hatching right now in the bator. All my chicks are FBCM (old roo) pure or crosses on EE or Australorp hens. So I'll have a bunch of Olive Eggers in a few months :)

Then we have a Highland cow named Barbie (she's blonde) and the 6 yaks, 3 dogs, and 6 Silver Fox rabbits, and many mixed breed meat buns... I have a lot of animals!

If you want some Olive eggers or Marans eggs for hatching, let me know. I am working on a dark olive egger project right now :) I want Buckeyes and Silkies. Also want some more Marans colors and maybe some Giant Cochins...

wow lots of fun animals !! I may take you up on the offer in the spring, my hen is always broody. I really want some blue eggers, and some olive eggers!! your close, I would not mind taking a trip to missoula come spring :) maybe pet a yak lol. My mom really wants a maran, she loves the real dark eggs to. I love silkies, but Im not sure there good with my big girls. I have some tough astrolorps and there moody along with my buffs.

Ok, I know this is off subject but but don't have much time to write, so here it goes. Does anyone know of a breeder or person with chickens between Miles City Montana and eastern North Dakota who would be willing to sell my mother some pet/layer/pest control chickens? I don't think breeds are much of a concern, although I think she's most interested in standard breeds over bantams. She is willing to drive to pick them up. Thank you for your time. :)

I don't know if we have had anyone from Eastern Montana post on here, maybe your Mom could check on her local Craigslist.

Ok, I know this is off subject but but don't have much time to write, so here it goes. Does anyone know of a breeder or person with chickens between Miles City Montana and eastern North Dakota who would be willing to sell my mother some pet/layer/pest control chickens? I don't think breeds are much of a concern, although I think she's most interested in standard breeds over bantams. She is willing to drive to pick them up. Thank you for your time. :)

Does she want grown hens or chicks? My husband drives to ND on Thursday for work. He could bring her some Olive Egger chicks that are 4.5 weeks old now... Off heat, have been for a two weeks (we believe in tough chicks). Let me know if that's something she'd be interested in :)

wow lots of fun animals !! I may take you up on the offer in the spring, my hen is always broody. I really want some blue eggers, and some olive eggers!! your close, I would not mind taking a trip to missoula come spring :) maybe pet a yak lol. My mom really wants a maran, she loves the real dark eggs to. I love silkies, but Im not sure there good with my big girls. I have some tough astrolorps and there moody along with my buffs.

Nice :) Yeah, I am working on blue (colored) OEs as a little pet project. Goal is hardy, pretty birds with dark olive green eggs :) I'm looking to get some blue layers, too- so I may have some of those by next Spring. I have pure Marans chicks/eggs, too for your Mom.

I have a banty buff brahma out in my laying flock- had a banty white cochin (my favorite chicken- crows got her a month ago) and they actually are more bossy than the big hens :)

We'll be here, so just let me know if you do come through!

Back
Top Bottom