Montana

Lol, never heard of stinking water Wyoming , welcome to the Montana forum ! My chickens are back to laying awesomely also. Eight out of 8 layers today, soon to have 10 laying girls !

Hi guys! I thought I had 4 girls laying but it seems there are only 3. But they are all laying daily and the rest of my older girls have started messing with the boxes and are squatting like mad so I would guess we will have ALOT of new layers here in the next few days and weeks. So fun! Our BO keeps jumping into the box with my black star when she is laying. Its hilarious to see her reaction. She is so annoyed! If a chicken could roll her eyes she would be! Its pretty funny to see the two big girls squished in there together.
Our EE is so funny she bok-bok-bagoks so loud and for so long after each egg it kills me! Its like she is shouting from the rooftops, "did you see what I did!?!?" These gals crack me up. :)

Sure wish I started hearing my girls do the "bak-bak-bagock" song after laying an egg! The loudest sounds they make now are shrill screams when my rooster jumps on them! Still no eggs, but the EE's are spending a lot of time inside of the coop, and some of the girls are messing with the nest boxes, and moving the golf balls around. The combs and wattles are turning from pink to red on four or five of the pullets now. I am thinking they may be a couple of weeks away from laying yet, but I am checking for eggs once or twice a day anyway.
bow.gif

My EE is hardly red at all. That's why I was so shocked! If they are in the boxes I bet you are CLOSE. Keep checking a lot. I am so excited for you! I get excited for each and every egg still. :)

Free EE cockerel to good home. Little guy is 6 weeks old. Got him from McMurray hatchery with my meat birds. He is starting to crow and would make a good rooster for somebody who free ranges their birds. I am in Boulder but can have him delivered to Butte of Helena, but would prefer pick up.

Free EE cockerel to good home. Little guy is 6 weeks old. Got him from McMurray hatchery with my meat birds. He is starting to crow and would make a good rooster for somebody who free ranges their birds. I am in Boulder but can have him delivered to Butte of Helena, but would prefer pick up.

He is spoken for. If you looked, thanks.

Hi everyone, and welcome to all the new folks. I've been busy trying to get haying done so haven't been on line much the last few weeks. I've had a bobcat hanging around that thinks she would like some chicken dinner, must be tired of wild turkey every day Ha Ha. I've just been letting my dog chase her off. I think she must have hit my electric fence, she sits about a foot away from it just looking in, or she will pace the fence line which sends the chickens into the coop in a panic.
Hope everyone is doing well, and saying cool.

Back
Top Bottom