Montana

Someone on the fodder thread told a funny story about "spent grains" and some drunk roosters.... Maybe they were not totally spent...
lau.gif

The chicks I mail-ordered this spring are finally starting to fill out at five months, though none are laying yet. They weren't kidding when they said Wyandottes are slow-growing birds, but they are very healthy, excellent rangers with good instincts.

Don't worry, this one's bound for the freezer next week.

Nice looking birds. I just aquired a pair of silver Wyandottes.. They are pretty bare in the tail feather area so I am hoping they will heal up a bit this winter.

Proud of my chickens - they still laid 9 eggs today in the midst of a rain/snow storm. Some recent pics, mostly of our rooster King approaching his full glory! Also, my new heated waterer setup. I plugged it in this morning and it seems to be working fine. It gets warm, but not hot at all. Right now it is over 40 in the coop and 31 outside. Have a great weekend all!

I got about 6" of snow over Turs. night/Fri morning, and have locked every one up early the last few days. Some of the girls were not to happy about it, and had to chase them in and shut the door on them. I feed ablout 5 when I get home from work and then go back out about dark to shut the doors, but with the rain and snow I just didn't want to have to go back out.
I think with the cold weather comming, I'm done fermenting for the year, I hate to quit, the girls like it so much, but just don't want to do it in the house. The good news is the bread store has opened back up and I can get big bags of cheep bread again so the girls can get their most favorite treat once again.

Proud of my chickens - they still laid 9 eggs today in the midst of a rain/snow storm. Some recent pics, mostly of our rooster King approaching his full glory! Also, my new heated waterer setup. I plugged it in this morning and it seems to be working fine. It gets warm, but not hot at all. Right now it is over 40 in the coop and 31 outside. Have a great weekend all!
those are beautiful brds! That rooster is amazing!

The chicks I mail-ordered this spring are finally starting to fill out at five months, though none are laying yet. They weren't kidding when they said Wyandottes are slow-growing birds, but they are very healthy, excellent rangers with good instincts. Don't worry, this one's bound for the freezer next week.
those are beautiful ! And the rooster wow awesome!

Back
Top Bottom