Montana

Welcome, PrairieRidge. I live west of Bozeman. I, too, get carried away with incubating. I have a lot of roosters and hens to find homes for. I understand that urge. I hope you find homes for the chickens. It IS hard putting the nice ones in a freezer. Glad you have connected with us. It is pretty quiet right now on the forum, but there are quite a few of us here.

Hello Montana chick peeps I live in Bridger by Billings and I have some chickens that I would like to sell. One Easter egger rooster, one Swedish Flower Rooster these boys are beautiful and really don't want to put in the pot :(  I also have a couple Olive egger hens too. Got too carried away with the incubating lol.

I would love to meet other chicken people in the erea too!
Hey PrairieRidge I am north of billings, that makes us neighbors! I wish I had room for some of your extras. As it is I need remake some culling choices too. Darn chicken math! It's great to meet others in the area.

Hey PrairieRidge and BadgerHill, I am NW of Billings and love those EE's. Wish I could buy the two EE hens now but keeping my flock at 13 until this spring, when I hope to hatch out a small brood naturally, before I have to process our BO rooster, who seems to be getting onreyer by the month! Hoping to hatch out some BO/EE, BO/RIR, BO/BR, or BO/BA crosses. I only want to add 6 at the most, due to the size of my coop (48 SF). If I am lucky enough to hatch out extra, I will be looking to re-home some chicks. The flock is cooped up again today!

Hello Montana chick peeps I live in Bridger by Billings and I have some chickens that I would like to sell. One Easter egger rooster, one Swedish Flower Rooster these boys are beautiful and really don't want to put in the pot :(  I also have a couple Olive egger hens too. Got too carried away with the incubating lol.

I would love to meet other chicken people in the erea too!
. Hey, nice meeting you, sorry i live to far from you and two of my roosters went to Helena today. They both started working over the girls and crowing so those five month boys went to a new home. This spring when my broodies hatch out babies im going to have the roosters dressed and go into the freezer. Im tired of giving food away. Especially since i feed organic and free range. Store bought chickens are gross !i found a gal who will dress them out local and im thrilled. I would have had her do these roosters but she was going out of town for the holidays.

Im down to ten girls now and getting eggs from everyone. Heck im getting better egg count then in the summer
1f44f.png
adding the light to my coop was a good thing, i gave eggs to family and have enough to sell. They saw the snow this morning and refused to leave the covered pen, i do not blame them lol

Hello fellow Montanans, I have a question for all. My hens stopped laying a couple weeks ago during that cold snap. Will they start to lay again or are they done for good? They were all hatched this past spring so I know its not an age issue. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks, God Bless, and Merry Christmas!

Depending on what breed they are, pullets hatched this past spring should lay all winter as long as they have good food and thawed water. Extra light also helps, but I have never needed it for 1st year layers.
Hope everyone has a great Christmas.

Hello fellow Montanans, I have a question for all. My hens stopped laying a couple weeks ago during that cold snap. Will they start to lay again or are they done for good? They were all hatched this past spring so I know its not an age issue. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks, God Bless, and Merry Christmas!
usually all my first year hens lay through out the winter, but it depends on light. Do you have windows on your coop? I added christmas lights on the ceiling of my coop ( led's ) so my first second and third year hens all lay . Im up to my eye alls in eggs lol. But i have windows on all sides of my coop, for daytime light and lights come on in the coop at 3:00 am until 7:00 am

Is anybody planning on ordering from Urch? I want some Rose-comb Rhode Island Reds and/or Buckeye but don't want to commit to a full minimum order. Anybody want to split an order with me? OR do you know of anybody in the area with good quality Buckeye chicks/hatching eggs?

Back
Top Bottom