Montana

Hi. I don't raise ducks, but I have chickens that have had eye problems. Rinsing with the saline is good if it is sterile. I found that the best thing I have been able to do for my chickens when they get a hurt/scratched/injured eye is to use Vetericyn Ophthalmic Gel. It costs about $30 for a 2 oz bottle, but it has cleared up every eye issue I have dealt with so far.
You can get it at Murdochs, and probably any other ranch supply place. It is really worth the investment.

Hey all, anyone have any idea what a fagitta is? Murdochs states there getting these in thursday and spelled the name to me. I have only seen one other post here besides mine which i posted earlier.

MY POST

I called Murdoch's and they stated there getting Fagitta in and i said there is no such bird, he says its a cross between a RIR, new Hampshire and i for got the other BREED. any ways what do you all know about this chicken? And any PICS?

Hey all, anyone have any idea what a fagitta is? Murdochs states there getting these in thursday and spelled the name to me. I have only seen one other post here besides mine which i posted earlier.

MY POST

I called Murdoch's and they stated there getting Fagitta in and i said there is no such bird, he says its a cross between a RIR, new Hampshire and i for got the other BREED. any ways what do you all know about this chicken? And any PICS?
Boy, that's a stumper! I tried Google and Bing, and all I got was dozens of recipes for "chicken fajitas"! Went to Murdoch's web site and it's not listed with the other breeds. I'd be interested to see what you find out!

Boy, that's a stumper!  I tried Google and Bing, and all I got was dozens of recipes for "chicken fajitas"!  Went to Murdoch's web site and it's not listed with the other breeds.  I'd be interested to see what you find out!
so murdochs has a list? Can you send me the link ? Interesting .

so murdochs has a list? Can you send me the link ? Interesting .
I can try - haven't been too successful at that - I'm a nice lady but not always the brightest crayon in the box. I just typed in "Murdochs", clicked on the link to Murdoch's Home and Ranch (or something like that), then waited for the "chick days' banner to appear and clicked on that. From there there is a list. I can't imagine they plan to get all of those chickens in, though! Seems more like a list of breeds or varieties they can get, not that they will get, unless you special order. Let me try the link, though.

http://www.murdochs.com/go/chick-days/chicklist/

I can try - haven't been too successful at that - I'm a nice lady but not always the brightest crayon in the box.  I just typed in "Murdochs", clicked on the link to Murdoch's Home and Ranch (or something like that), then waited for the "chick days' banner to appear and clicked on that. From there there is a list.  I can't imagine they plan to get all of those chickens in, though!  Seems more like a list of breeds or varieties they can get, not that they will get, unless you special order.   Let me try the link, though.

http://www.murdochs.com/go/chick-days/chicklist/
oh hon, thank you so much, im hoping now for the white orphington's! And a few others, the list is awesome!

Update my ducks eyes are scabbed over they seem to be leaking clear liquid. She can not see right now. Yesterday i moved my hands in frint of her face she flinched today I think the scabs are blocking her site. She will drink when she is in the tub. She still wont eat. Does anyone have any ideas on what i should do? Tomorrow i am going to put her in a shallow tote with food in it with her see if I can get her to eat that way. If I can does anybody recomend syringe feeding? If so how do you do that?

Yeah I wished I'd have gone with the Rose Comb RIR's from Horstman but the Single Comb RIR's are very nice and I haven't had any problems with frostbite yet. The coop they are in is over insulated and I have kept it about 40 in there even with the vents open. I have had frostbit combs in the past so I've been real careful letting them out in the real cold and over insulating the coops.
You're right about Wisconsin. I went to a Packers game the end of November and it was the same temperature as here but felt alot colder and was real windy.
I have heard good things about Cackle's birds. Don't know much about Ideal.

Hello, MTLandscaper. Just wondering about your insulated coop. I had mine insulated this past fall, and most of this winter, I have had issues with an "ammonia" odor in the coop. I have it ventilated. I believe that the main issue is probably from the straw/wood chips that I have on the floor, and am religious about cleaning it every week. As soon as this weather breaks and things dry up some, I am switching over to sand on the floors.

Just wondering if you've had any problems like?

Hello, MTLandscaper.    Just wondering about your insulated coop.  I had mine insulated this past fall, and most of this winter, I have had issues with an "ammonia" odor in the coop.  I have it ventilated.  I believe that the main issue is probably from the straw/wood chips that I have on the floor, and am religious about cleaning it every week. As soon as this weather breaks and things dry up some, I am switching over to sand on the floors.  

Just wondering if you've had any problems like?
my coop is super insulated and i have had no problems, i use pine shavings and ditomacious earth underneath. I clean once a month, but put new shavings down every week. My coop smells clean . How many birds do you have in your coop and what is the size of your coop?

Back
Top Bottom