Montana

Hi there! I am looking for a welsummer and a maran hen. My hens are aging gracefully and I would like to add some youngin's. I really like those dark brown eggs. I have a light brahma, 2 sussex, and an ee. Big Mama, the brahma, is my favorite.

I have a mixed flock also.
2 speckled Sussex
1 Red comet...the Boss :)
2 Black Sex links
2 EE
and my new babies are 2 Australorps, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 EE and the two cornish. Which I'm sorry to say will be sent to somebody's freezer.
Out of my older flock my sex links and EE's are the best layers...my EE are in their first year and the rest are old ladies...lol...hoping for winter eggs with the new flock. I found a breeder of Olive Eggers and Cuckoo Marans in Billings and hoping to get two of each in May sometime. Just built a new 8x8 coop and am busy finishing the inside so I can move my babies out of the house in a week or so. Raising chicks is hard worK but very rewarding. First time with chicks.
. I am looking for different breeds around Billings. Would you share the breeder info., please?

Hi there! I am looking for a welsummer and a maran hen. My hens are aging gracefully and I would like to add some youngin's. I really like those dark brown eggs. I have a light brahma, 2 sussex, and an ee. Big Mama, the brahma, is my favorite.

Hi Schimmers! I am glad to see your light Brahma is your favorite, I just got our first one this year, it was my pick of our 13 little ones. She is about 5 weeks old now, with a fuzzy grey neck, feathering out with mostly white wings with streaks/specks of black, and grey feathers on her feet! Already, she looks to be the biggest chick in the bunch. What makes Big Mama your favorite? Friendly? Good Layer? Thanks.

Duginmt.... I like our brahma because she is one of the more personable. She is slower but fiesty when it comes to treats too.

Duginmt...She has been a good layer and still is for being four yrs old. In fact all three of my older hens outlay the younger ee.

Back
Top Bottom