Montana

Mine aren't coming out either and they yell at me when I come in the coop. I think they re telling me to turn summer back on.
big_smile.png

Six of my chickens will come out in the snow. They'll follow the shoveled paths to the porch and take dirt baths underneath where it's clear of snow, and they'll explore the plowed driveway and peck for scratch. The other chickens stand at the door to the coop, think for a second, and change their minds about venturing out. If one of them acts like she really wants to come out, I'll carry her to the porch to join the others. This week has been wicked cold so far!

The only one that comes out is my roo. Should I try to get them to come out? We have a lot of snow here! Maybe not today...I don't even want to go outside either. Lol

The only one that comes out is my roo. Should I try to get them to come out? We have a lot of snow here! Maybe not today...I don't even want to go outside either. Lol

I let mine decide whether or not to come out. The older chickens who have experienced snow before, will come out, but the younger birds who haven't, stay in the house. One of the young ones followed the older ones yesterday so I think they'll get the hang of it. I'm sure they'll all eventually come out, their love of free ranging will win out over their dislike of the snow.

Everyone ventured out today since it got up to a whopping 10 degrees. Sweet Caroline got off the shoveled path and wasn't sure what to do!

Vidalia has a no nonsense approach to everything in life, including snow.

Mine have the same response. If they get off the path they just kind of stop like they don't know how they got there or how to get back. Pretty funny. Mine have never been so happy to be picked up and cuddled.

Back
Top Bottom