Montana

Hey everyone! Looking for a local farm to get some ducklings from this summer. I'm outside of the Missoula area. It will be our first time with chickens or ducks, and I'm pretty excited. I did find a place in Hamilton that has chicks, but ducklings seem harder to find. I might just start with ducks this summer and get chickens next summer to add on. Trying to avoid ordering them online, but also don't want to risk it hoping I can find some at a feed store. Any leads or advice? Thanks!

Our CHS in Kalispell carried ducklings last year...local feed store...

welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Is there anybody around miles city or ashland area, looking to get some other breeds. Been incubating eggs from the neighbor but he only has one breed.

I'm in Butte and was thinking about letting my Cayuga's hatch some babies this year if they're willing. Would anyone be interested?

@BreInFlannel regarding looking for ducklings, I got my ducklings from Murdochs (in Kalispell). They had quite a few different kinds, Rouens and Blue Swedish for sure. Murdochs had a schedule for what days they were expected to get in which breeds of chicks, ducklings, turkeys, etc. It was really helpful because if you wanted a certain breed, you knew which day to go to the store and they'd be there.

Does anyone know of a place that will process poultry west of the mountains? Live in Kalispell. Neighbor is looking to process 10 or 15 geese and a humongous turkey. Heard that there's a place east of the mountains but were hoping to find somewhere west of them. When we were younger we would have done this ourselves. We just can't anymore. I've never had roast goose and really want to give it a try.

Good question! On 206 to Columbia Falls are a couple of deer/meat processing plants...I would start by calling them...and they may have recommendations if they don't do it themselves, being in the business and all that...also ask Farm to Market Pork on west side of valley...let us know what you find out if anything...M & S Meats on 93 south of town also comes to mind as a source...

Back
Top Bottom