Montana

Pics
woot.gif
Congrats! I'm very excited for you! I'll be praying for warm shipping weather for you too. Have fun with those little fuzzy butts!
jumpy.gif

Greetings! I am in nearby Idaho and looking for 2 each (young laying hens or chicks) of (Cuckoo or BC) Marans (4+ egg color), (Black, Blue or Splash) Jersey Giants, and Speckled Sussex. I do not want hatchery stock and prefer to keep my money local(ish) and with family owned breeders. I understand you may have Marans? I am only allowed 6 laying hens in our city, so am wondering if you have anything that fits my needs or know of someone here in the west that may have any of these breeds? I am willing to drive, even to neighboring states.

Our hens (should I actually find the breeds I want) will be layers and companions and well cared for in our backyard.

Quote:
Hello~

If you are on the north end of the state you may try looking in the spokane/CDA area. You are looking for 3 different breed and that will be a challenge for you. I couldnt find any local breeders. especially for the type of birds I was looking for.

Good luck,
Lori

Thanks Lori, I am in the SE part of Idaho. I am willing to work with multiple persons/places to get good stock. I probably have found local(ish) resources for BC Marans and Black JG's, but still nothing on the Speckled Sussex. I still would LOVE to find blue or splash JG's as well, and really, talk to anyone around these parts (Utah, Wy, Montana, Idaho) who keeps any variety of JG's.

So holla out if you know a resource for Jersey Giants and/or Speckled Sussex...anyone???

Did anyone else's flock have an especially hard time with this last cold snap that blew through? My flock sailed through the winter with nary a hick-up, but this last storm really seemed to hit them hard.

Back
Top Bottom