Montana

Pics
Quote:
Yes, you can absolutely come pick out the birds you want - there are so many different colors and characteristics that I would have a hard time trying to guess what you preferred. If you do want some of these mixed pullets, let me know soon as they are being reserved fast (15 already spoken for). Also, some of the chicks I will be able to sex a lot sooner than others - those Araucana chickens are so hard for me to tell apart, while the Marans mixes are pretty obvious early on, so..... I can offer some earlier than others, lets say in six weeks from today (they would actually be 8 weeks)? Just talk to me about your schedule and we'll work something out.
I plan to hatch out every egg that I get from my Araucana birds this year - large fowl and bantam, to see what my flock is producing. As I said, it can be really hard for me to tell which is male and which is female of this breed, so I will have a lot of older Araucana to sell later this year, after I've decided which roosters and hens to keep for myself. If you are not wanting the straight run chicks, then we can work on getting you some girls later on, and in that case we could go ahead and raise some SLW chicks up with those Araucana and you can take home pullets of both breed. PM me it sounds like there is a way for this to work out for you, we can play around the details.
Take care,
Megan.

I thought we were done with snow...it snowed yesterday so nothing happened on the coop but the guys are supposed to be in town today buying building materials...fingers crossed!
fl.gif

Quote:
Oh, you got the snow... We had a winter weather warning in effect before bed last night and I went to sleep thinking about the storm but there was nothing.- no sign of foul weather at all. Guess it got stuck at your place. Sorry
sad.png

Flocks starting to lay again, which makes me very, very happy.

Just started getting 5-6 eggs a day.
so funny. I went into my coop the other day and there is one of our barn cats napping in the nesting box. I yelled at her and she left in a hurry, but she was laying on 2 eggs. Must think she is a chicken.
Crazy cat.
gig.gif

finally quit snowing around 6am this morning. Got 6 inches of wet snow.

For anyone in the area, local permaculturist Paul Wheaton will be giving a talk on urban chicken raising at the Missoula Public Library at 6:30 P.M. this Thursday March 24th. The lecture will be based partially on this great article about the permaculturist's approach to urban chickens.

Last edited:
Hi all,sorry I hqave been missing in action
smile.png
Im still here, good old Butte Montana. Im looking to buy my chicks soon, ( coop is on order and just waiting for my taxes to get me set up. I can not wait!!! talked to the neighbors, there ok with my chickens, so its a go
smile.png

First timer hear. I live in Missoula and had my first two chickens last summer. Two Wyandottes. Lovely ladies the both of them. Due to some conflicts with my landlord I find myself henless. Was wondering if anyone had a suggestion of something to fill the void now that I no longer have their pleasant clucking outside my window?

Hi Megan, Do you sell your Marans as hatching eggs? I don't care about the color. Well, thats not true, I want Golden Cuckoos, but having a hard time finding any. So would like to get some dark egg layers. I wouldn't mind taking a drive up to get them.
Bonnie

If anyone is interested, I have several large styrofoam coolers that I would be will to give away if anyone wanted to try to make an incubator out of one. I get them free a work. I think I'll keep one to try to make a hatcher, but I can get more of them all the time.
Bonnie

Back
Top Bottom