Montana

Pics
Hi Karla. I'm in Hamilton actually...... I'm going back up to Missoula on Saturday with another bunch of $1.50 cross breed chicks for sale if anyone is interested.
smile.png

After a hard days work......

Sorry hon, I thought these places were close, I need a map lol, hope you can sell your chicks! What you got coming up next? That picture is adorable! I have to be in Bozeman this week, I will miss you. :(. Leaving Friday at 6:00am ugh

Last edited:
Ok it somewhat worked. Got hail and a bit of rain but got into a blizzard in Great Falls. Heard reports of thunder and lighting just before the snow hit.

It got real bad here, the wind 45 plus miles an hour, snow storms and darn it's cold! My girls hated it so we closed the pen door to block all the wind. Our coop is completely enclosed with tarps, we put a ply wood door over the door opening when it's snowing or raining. But with the wind so bad they were frightened. The tarps were loudly flapping in the wind. We fed them warm mashed potatoes and gravy and burger. Then tucked them in for bed.

It got real bad here, the wind 45 plus miles an hour, snow storms and darn it's cold! My girls hated it so we closed the pen door to block all the wind. Our coop is completely enclosed with tarps, we put a ply wood door over the door opening when it's snowing or raining. But with the wind so bad they were frightened. The tarps were loudly flapping in the wind. We fed them warm mashed potatoes and gravy and burger. Then tucked them in for bed.

Your birds ate better than we did last night! I have a feeling they would take the wind again if it would score them another decedent meal like that. I headed out for a few hrs - left our house while the sky was clear and dry, got to town and could't see a thing through the blowing snow. Wow, what an odd one!

Hi Karla. I'm in Hamilton actually...... I'm going back up to Missoula on Saturday with another bunch of $1.50 cross breed chicks for sale if anyone is interested.
smile.png

After a hard days work......

What a cutie, lol! I sure wish I could take them, but I'm not sure my DH would let me right now. I've got too much going on. What kind of crosses are they? Are they LF or Bantams? I might be interested in a future bunch. Some time in the summer or next winter/spring time.

For the most part they are Ameraucana, Marans, Rhode Island Red, and True Araucana crosses. There may be some Silver Laced Wyandotte, Barnevelder, Naked Neck, or Leg Horn genetics that get into these cross breed babies
smile.png
. My own egg laying flock is largely made up of these crosses and we get some crazy fun egg colors out of the birds - green, blue, dark brown, light brown, spotted, olive eggers..... I love the colors, the surprise of who grows up to be what, how hearty they are. We maintain our pure breed flock as well of course and breed relentlessly for quality in our pure breeds, so the cross breeds are a nice relief and a spot of fun amid the hard work.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom